Corticosteroid injection

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Corticosteroid injection

Post by Gazzy »

Suffering acute shoulder pain for 3 days. Tried otc painkillers which haven't done much. Wondered if anyone has had a corticosteroid injection before and how was the experience? What kind of price and where in PP to get it?
Many thanks.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Corticosteroid injection

Post by Doc67 »

Thought of seeing a physio first or do you know what's wrong with you?

Robbie at Phnom Penh Physio is very good, he fixed me up after another one spun me a load of cobblers and stuck needles in me.

https://www.physiotherapy-phnompenh.com ... -van-hoven
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

It could be a rotator cuff tear. post490789.html#p490789
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

If you don’t definitively know the cause, I would avoid such an injection- it might mask, rather than relieve the problem.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:26 pm If you don’t definitively know the cause, I would avoid such an injection- it might mask, rather than relieve the problem.
It would be advisable to go for X rays before doing any else.
Boredom is like a shroud
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Gout goes mostly to the toons but i know i guy who has it in his shoulders !! urine acid: use alopurinol to avoid it !!
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

With such varied input in response to your question, perhaps you’ll opt for a professional opinion. A recommended physio would be a good place to start
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Thanks everyone. Yes, will get some physio. Was clutching at straws really, ibuprofen was doing much and I'm allergic to tramadol.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Gazzy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:58 pm Thanks everyone. Yes, will get some physio. Was clutching at straws really, ibuprofen was doing much and I'm allergic to tramadol.
Physiotherapy Phnom Penh has all Western trained physios. Ain't cheap, but they know their stuff and won't make your condition worse like some pretend to be physios around might. They also won't be shy to send you for an X-ray if they think it might be needed.

https://www.physiotherapy-phnompenh.com/
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:15 pm
Gazzy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:58 pm Thanks everyone. Yes, will get some physio. Was clutching at straws really, ibuprofen was doing much and I'm allergic to tramadol.
Physiotherapy Phnom Penh has all Western trained physios. Ain't cheap, but they know their stuff and won't make your condition worse like some pretend to be physios around might. They also won't be shy to send you for an X-ray if they think it might be needed.

https://www.physiotherapy-phnompenh.com/
Indeed not cheap $60. a pop.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic