Visa Run

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Visa Run

Post by hanno »

Sorry for all the questions today.

I came in on an Online visa which cannot be extended (my stupidity). Is it possible to do a visa run to Vietnam, get a regular visa and come back the same day?

Thank you,

Hanno
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Visa Run

Post by Alex »

Shouldn't be a problem. I got an "ordinary visa" at the Moc Bai / Bavet land border last year, you just need to make sure they understand that's what you want.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

hanno wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:23 am Sorry for all the questions today.

I came in on an Online visa which cannot be extended (my stupidity). Is it possible to do a visa run to Vietnam, get a regular visa and come back the same day?

Thank you,

Hanno
AFAIK Cambodia doesn't allow leaving and re-entering on the same day, but maybe it only applies to airports?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Thank you,

Hanno
your working ,correct? why not ask ur management if they can help ya?
after all they hired you
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Thank you,

Hanno
Officially it cannot be done , but can be done if you want to pay heaps. I returned early last year on a tourist visa, before E visas were easily available on line. I extended it for 1 month and rather than go through the hassles of all the COVID testing, and travelling out and back into the country I asked my travel agent that I have used for the last 10 plus years if it was possible to change to a E or ER visa. The answer was NO. But they contacted me a few days later and said it's OK.
Was the extra $500 I paid worth the hassles of all travel problems I would has encountered back then,,,, hard to say.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:58 am

Thank you,

Hanno
AFAIK Cambodia doesn't allow leaving and re-entering on the same day, but maybe it only applies to airports?
Isn't that the other way round? As in, officially you cannot leave on the same day you've entered. Which means that people who do a border run from Thailand to Cambodia need to pay extra for the privilege of getting stamped out of Cambodia again on the same day.

I've never heard that you cannot leave first and re-enter Cambodia later on the same day.

In fairness though, with regards to my report I posted earlier, I did NOT attempt to reenter on the same day, as I spent two weeks in Vietnam.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:13 pm

Thank you,

Hanno
your working ,correct? why not ask ur management if they can help ya?
after all they hired you
They tried but no joy.
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

Alex wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:49 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:58 am AFAIK Cambodia doesn't allow leaving and re-entering on the same day, but maybe it only applies to airports?
Isn't that the other way round? As in, officially you cannot leave on the same day you've entered. Which means that people who do a border run from Thailand to Cambodia need to pay extra for the privilege of getting stamped out of Cambodia again on the same day.
You can certainly enter Cambodia at Moc Bai / Bavet and leave right away. It's big business with the Vung Tau refugees who have to exit the country every 30 days.

I would expect the same to be possible in the opposite direction.

Anyone not having done the trip for a few years will be shocked by the changes. Enormous commercial expansion on the way out of Phnom Penh, a good road all the way and a bridge that replaced the ferry. And Bavet looks like a Little Vegas.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Thank you,

Hanno
Your e-visa can be extended 1 time, it means you can stay 60 days without any problem, did it last week, 50 dollars, CINA-travel on 130 street. And you can do it also the first week as i did, your extension willbe starting after your e-visa ended. You dont loose days if you do it to early !! I am pretty sure i now an english guy (now overhere) who did visa-runs in Koh KOng more then ounce same day. I will see him pretty sure today in Harrys !!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:28 pm

Thank you,

Hanno
Your e-visa can be extended 1 time, it means you can stay 60 days without any problem, did it last week, 50 dollars,
The problem is he's not allowed to work using the current visa.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic