Uk to Thailand (one way ticket)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Drizzle
Expatriate
Cambodia

Uk to Thailand (one way ticket)

Post by Drizzle »

My friend is heading from the UJ to Thailand then to KH.
Does anyone know if they need to have a thai visa to enter Thailand due to only having the one way ticket?
Rockman Lover
Expatriate

Re: Uk to Thailand (one way ticket)

Post by Rockman Lover »

Drizzle wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:30 am My friend is heading from the UJ to Thailand then to KH.
Does anyone know if they need to have a thai visa to enter Thailand due to only having the one way ticket?
If your friend only has a one way ticket there's a chance your friend won't be allowed on the plane.
Drizzle
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Drizzle »

Thats exactly why im asking.
UK* not UJ
Is an onward ticket to PP enough to pass the UK check in counter?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Which airline are you travelling with?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

:snorting:
Drizzle wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:30 am My friend is heading from the UJ to Thailand then to KH.
My guess is the UK is in the Thai visa exemption scheme so no visa is required for short stays.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

with a visa i'd say 50% chance of being asked, looking to enter using visa exempt 90% chance .

for piece of mind get a refundable onward ticket out of Thailand ( less then $100 bangkok-pp) or a throw away ticket (les than$60_
or use, https://bookonwardticket.com/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Airlines in the UK normally check that you have either a visa, or a booked flight out of Thailand before the visa-exemption period ends
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Drizzle wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:07 am Thats exactly why im asking.
UK* not UJ
Is an onward ticket to PP enough to pass the UK check in counter?
An onward ticket to anywhere is fine.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

The title of the thread, and the first post are slightly at odds.

Is this a trip with a stay in Bangkok, with a flight already booked from Bangkok to KH (Cambodia?)
or
a trip to Cambodia(?) connecting through in Bangkok?
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:17 am with a visa i'd say 50% chance of being asked, looking to enter using visa exempt 90% chance .

for piece of mind get a refundable onward ticket out of Thailand ( less then $100 bangkok-pp) or a throw away ticket (les than$60_
or use, https://bookonwardticket.com/
Has anybody used the onward ticket site is it reliable ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic