Environmental Issues in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: Environmental Issues in Cambodia

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Well I'm doing my bit for the environmental, by recycling a shit load of crappy jokes.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Environmental Issues in Cambodia

Post by juansweetpotato »

Kampong Spooner wrote:Blokes trying to do something for the environment - CARPETBAGGING FOOLS!

How dare you care guys? How dare you? How can you sleep at night after having such ideas of at least trying to make a change and earning a few quid off it?

Worse than Hitler.

However, if you should see a shirtless foreigner walking around Psar Kandal.....

I am just saying that half the battle for an eco company is fighting the preconceptions that the public have about them being in it for other less savory motives. If their company really does have no links with an agro chemical company they should be well prepared to explain it and not feign surprise.
To be honest, we did not expect so many negative reactions and strong attacks about our little project. I do not question the fact that it is possible to have doubts about the identity of someone or something. However, this does not prevent reacting tactfully, with respect and diplomacy, especially when wearing such large unfounded charges. We are completely in good faith, we take risks by investing our own small savings, we take risks to try to do what really is important to us.

Unfortunately, there will always be people to criticize what others do, that's one thing that we had almost forgotten I have to say. But it seems that people on this forum are there to remind us with great insistence. It is sad, but it's like that. :)

Once and for all, I wish to close the debate on the Dow.co whatever. We have nothing to do with them, and for those who wish to meet with us to learn more, and although it is a pleasure, in joy and good mood.
So they did not expect it? Refer to my previous post.
strong attacks about our little project.
Well, their 'little project' was found to have a similar logo to a rather larger agro chem co.
Who's to say their not a pioneering franchise of the same company. Some more transparency would have been nice so as people can make a better decision. it appears they are good at political cheese by their post above.
This is Cambodia a country where NGO scams have been famous, they are bound to get interrogated.
Once and for all, I wish to close the debate on the Dow.co whatever. We have nothing to do with them, and for those who wish to meet with us to learn more, and although it is a pleasure, in joy and good mood.
Why not just tell us all on here? No point telling the one or two that they would meet to explain the logo coincidence etc when they can tell anyone who views these pages. Their integrity has been questioned here and it's a good place to answer these doubts and get everyone on board. I would be wholly supportive of anyone trying to introduce bio-degradables to replace the plastics. I'm sure just about all of us would, but...
It's that but they have a chance to address here. In Cambodia there have been too many great claims that have turned out to be nothing but profiteering.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic