Retirement Visa for Thailand.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Kala283
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: Retirement Visa for Thailand.

Post by Kala283 »

phuketrichard wrote:
Kala283 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:47 pm
phuketrichard wrote:
Kala283 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:44 pm I am interested in changing to retirement visa now, I'm currently on a non o visa with a marriage extension. My question is can this change over be done in Thailand or will I need to use a agent & if so does anyone know of a good one in Bangkok?

Sent from my 2201117TG using Tapatalk
if ur already on an extension in Thailand why are you asking here vs on Thai visa? :-)
anyway
do you have 800,000 in the bank or can verify an income of 65,000/month?
than you can do it urself

If not, your going to need an agent

Best one in Thailand, ( unless ur in Pattaya) https://thaivisacentre.com/
This is a thread about Thailand retirement visa isn't it?

Yes I'm already on an extension & have the money, my question was about whether an extension can be changed in country or if I would have to get a new non o & start again to obtain a retirement visa?

as long as you qualify with the above < yes>

You can't start over Until after ur current extension expires anyway
do you have a TM30 filed somewhere?

and i still dont understand why if you have a Non O already your asking about a thai extension on a Cambodian forum?

you'll get great info other than mine, on
https://aseannow.com/forum/1-thai-visas ... k-permits/
Yes that is good news if I can change in country, perhaps you have a point & i will ask over on aseannow as well.

stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Is it a concern that Thai immigration/government will crack down on these agents skirting around the 800K Baht monthly in advance requirements for an extension?

And would if a person is somehow discovered that they don't have the 800K in the bank living on an 'agents' extension?

If this 'using' and agent if one does not have the financials, why isn't everyone using this route?

These would be my concerns

Sent from my SM-T570 using Tapatalk

Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

stevenjb wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:44 am Is it a concern that Thai immigration/government will crack down on these agents skirting around the 800K Baht monthly in advance requirements for an extension?

And would if a person is somehow discovered that they don't have the 800K in the bank living on an 'agents' extension?

If this 'using' and agent if one does not have the financials, why isn't everyone using this route?

These would be my concerns

Sent from my SM-T570 using Tapatalk
There are basically two camps:

#1 It's only a question of time.
#2 It will never happen.

Take your pick. Nobody can give you a definitive answer, this is Thailand after all. If it ever goes bust, however, I have no doubt that they will blame and go after the foreigners rather than the agents and corrupt officials. So I wouldn't expect any leniency or pathway to legalize your stay.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

#2; it will never happen
why< to much Baht involved

Beside the agents assisting people getting by the financials ( btw, approval of any visa or extension is up to the discretion of the head immigration)
many people use agents cause they just cant deal with immigration>

The agent i use is even the sponsor of this section; https://aseannow.com/forum/1-thai-visas ... k-permits/
some offices change the rules monthly

another use of agents is opening a bank account>
to get a NON o visa and or extension you need an account at a thai bank
MANY thai banks wont allow someone on a visa exempt entry or tourist visa to open an account
the Agent smooths this so it can be done go figure
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic