Retirement Visa for Thailand.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Retirement Visa for Thailand.

Post by orichá »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:24 am is that easier to understand?
Yes, thanks Richard.

So, according to the website you linked, all you need to open the bank account is a visa, and a residential registration form, like TM30... Then transfer money 60 days ahead of the first one-year extension. (I wonder what transferring $ would be like... from Cambo to Thailand via SWIFT, lol...)

Does any Thailand bank offer term deposits at attractive rates? Doubt it...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yes, thanks Richard.

So, according to the website you linked, all you need to open the bank account is a visa, and a residential registration form, like TM30... Then transfer money 60 days ahead of the first one-year extension. (I wonder what transferring $ would be like... from Cambo to Thailand via SWIFT, lol...)

[/quote]

Not really. Cambodia is better, but probably much riskier.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Opening a bank account in Thailand nowadays when you don't have a longterm visa yet can be very difficult, depending on where you are. For example, in Bangkok you can't get a certificate of residence before you've filed your first 90-day report, so you might need to get a letter from your embassy which can also be a problem. Agents can help with opening an account, too.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

orichá wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:03 am
Yes, thanks Richard.

PHUKET:
there are a few banks, ( Kasikorn seems one that will) that will open a bank account on a visa exempt or tourist visa, need shop around>
there are others that require you buy a life insurance policy ( apx 4-5,000 baht)
some will open with a local being with you.
others ONLY if you have a non 0 or B visa,

Most people nowadays use wise, https://wise.com/ to transfer to Thailand as it is marked coming from outside Thailand

i have transferred from my Cambodian CAB and US citibank using swift
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kala283
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Kala283 »

I am interested in changing to retirement visa now, I'm currently on a non o visa with a marriage extension. My question is can this change over be done in Thailand or will I need to use a agent & if so does anyone know of a good one in Bangkok?

Sent from my 2201117TG using Tapatalk

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kala283 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:44 pm I am interested in changing to retirement visa now, I'm currently on a non o visa with a marriage extension. My question is can this change over be done in Thailand or will I need to use a agent & if so does anyone know of a good one in Bangkok?

if ur already on an extension in Thailand why are you asking here vs on Thai visa? :-)
anyway
do you have 800,000 in the bank or can verify an income of 65,000/month?
than you can do it urself

If not, your going to need an agent

Best one in Thailand, ( unless ur in Pattaya) https://thaivisacentre.com/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Nobby Stiles »

I have an EB visa and live here in Cambodia, could I go to Thailand and get a 1 year retirement visa and have both visas in my passport running concurrently, thus being able to hop between countries without worrying about tourist visas?

Akon 🙏🏻
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Nobby Stiles wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:56 pm I have an EB visa and live here in Cambodia, could I go to Thailand and get a 1 year retirement visa and have both visas in my passport running concurrently, thus being able to hop between countries without worrying about tourist visas?

Akon 🙏🏻
Sure
I've got both 1 year extensions>>
BUT you need have a bank account in thailand PLUS an address with a lease.
Kala283
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Kala283 »

phuketrichard wrote:
Kala283 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:44 pm I am interested in changing to retirement visa now, I'm currently on a non o visa with a marriage extension. My question is can this change over be done in Thailand or will I need to use a agent & if so does anyone know of a good one in Bangkok?

if ur already on an extension in Thailand why are you asking here vs on Thai visa? :-)
anyway

This is a thread about Thailand retirement visa isn't it?

Yes I'm already on an extension & have the money, my question was about whether an extension can be changed in country or if I would have to get a new non o & start again to obtain a retirement visa?

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kala283 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:47 pm
phuketrichard wrote:

anyway

This is a thread about Thailand retirement visa isn't it?

Yes I'm already on an extension & have the money, my question was about whether an extension can be changed in country or if I would have to get a new non o & start again to obtain a retirement visa?

as long as you qualify with the above < yes>

You can't start over Until after ur current extension expires anyway
do you have a TM30 filed somewhere?

and i still dont understand why if you have a Non O already your asking about a thai extension on a Cambodian forum?

you'll get great info other than mine, on
https://aseannow.com/forum/1-thai-visas ... k-permits/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic