Classified docs in Bidens office

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Classified docs in Bidens office

Post by hanno »

Seems to me that they could pick any random member of the White House, current and former, congress, senate, whatever, and they'd find classified documents lying around. Either too many documents get stamped "secret" or there is a severe lack of procedures.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

hanno wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:40 am Seems to me that they could pick any random member of the White House, current and former, congress, senate, whatever, and they'd find classified documents lying around. Either too many documents get stamped "secret" or there is a severe lack of procedures.
I assume there is a procedure for accessing/obtaining classified documents. No clerk noticed any of this?

I remember going to the library or renting movies and having staff contact me if I was late returning items.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

I say the law is the law .... each one up to now and in the future should be prosecuted to the full extent of applicable laws ..... except a Uncle Joe, a feeble old man obviously mentally deficient should be given a pass, certainly punishing him at this point would be nothing but elder abuse.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:44 am I say the law is the law .... each one up to now and in the future should be prosecuted to the full extent of applicable laws ..... except a Uncle Joe, a feeble old man obviously mentally deficient should be given a pass, certainly punishing him at this point would be nothing but elder abuse.
Pence should be given a pass too, because he handled this like a gentlemen, in a very transparent way:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pences ... ight-chair
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

hanno wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:40 am Seems to me that they could pick any random member of the White House, current and former, congress, senate, whatever, and they'd find classified documents lying around. Either too many documents get stamped "secret" or there is a severe lack of procedures.
Or both.

I remember reading somewhere when Trump got caught that there was often an overabundance of caution with classified docs and the majority of what he had was harmless but marked classified because presumably, some supervillain James Bond type could use the Whitehouse lunch menu to hatch a plot to poison the leaders or something.

There does seem to be a hole in the system though if there are people looking after the documents, checking them out to the people who need them then apparently forgetting about them.
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

lol, lefties ignore this thread while batch after batch of classified documents are found in Biden's care.

Pence the dunce gets found with some, lefties jump back into this thread.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

xavoy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:02 pm lol, lefties ignore this thread while batch after batch of classified documents are found in Biden's care.

Righties ignore Dump having classified documents in his garage, jump in when classified documents get found at Biden's, accuse lefties of jumping back in when another republican is found with classified documents.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

xavoy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:02 pm lol, lefties ignore this thread while batch after batch of classified documents are found in Biden's care.

Or alternatively, thread gets boring and stale after it turns into a rant about media, people lose interest and move on to other threads, it gets resurrected a few days later when something new happens.
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

hanno wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:53 pm

Righties ignore Dump having classified documents in his garage, jump in when classified documents get found at Biden's, accuse lefties of jumping back in when another republican is found with classified documents.

I don't recall Republicans ignoring Trump's documents. They might have kicked up a stink about the FBI raid, but the furore over the documents was impossible to ignore. The left wing media made doubly sure of that.

Then Biden's docs happened and, as canucklhead said when he started this thread, crickets...

Random Dude wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:31 pm

Or alternatively, thread gets boring and stale after it turns into a rant about media, people lose interest and move on to other threads, it gets resurrected a few days later when something new happens.

Something new did happen in recent days, ANOTHER cache from Biden. But once again, crickets...

As I've said before in this thread tho, I don't blame you for not knowing. The left wing media aren't all that good at reporting on their hypocrisy.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

xavoy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:53 pm
hanno wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:53 pm

I don't recall Republicans ignoring Trump's documents. They might have kicked up a stink about the FBI raid, but the furore over the documents was impossible to ignore. The left wing media made doubly sure of that.

Then Biden's docs happened and, as canucklhead said when he started this thread, crickets...

Random Dude wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:31 pm

Something new did happen in recent days, ANOTHER cache from Biden. But once again, crickets...

As I've said before in this thread tho, I don't blame you for not knowing. The left wing media aren't all that good at reporting on their hypocrisy.
Why didn't you bring it up yourself then if you think it was newsworthy?

"The left wing media aren't all that good at reporting on their hypocrisy."
... it was in the media everywhere.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic