Classified docs in Bidens office

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Classified docs in Bidens office

Post by Big Daikon »

xavoy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:43 am I don't blame lefties for being so uninformed.
I agree.

The lack of information seems to come from a lack of curiosity or sense of inquiry. Or maybe total zealotry. For example, many Leftists thought Kyle Rittenhouse shot three black men.

In the study below, Liberals tend to wildly overestimate the number of unarmed black killed by police. (Americans in general did, but not to the same degree.)

https://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/ne ... relations/

Real answer: 12
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... -database/
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:14 pm
xavoy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:43 am I don't blame lefties for being so uninformed.
I agree.

The lack of information seems to come from a lack of curiosity or sense of inquiry. Or maybe total zealotry. For example, many Leftists thought Kyle Rittenhouse shot three black men.

Yep. It's why I'm more disappointed in NYTimes etc than I am with Fox. I have never ever taken Fox News stories at face value. Nor has anyone I have any respect for.

And yet so many of my lefty friends STILL believe what they read in the NYTimes, WaPo, Guardian, etc is fact. Apparently without so much as a split second thought about bias.

Their reasons differ from person to person, from lack of care or curiosity, to straight up ideological zealotry.

What shits me is how unwilling most are to acknowledge their bias, and how quick they are to assume an alternative narrative came from Tucker Carlson...

That retort is especially annoying because just like in this thread, my sources are almost always one of their approved lefty outlets.

(Usually an intentionally confusing correction printed months later in fine print on page 412344 because they would never put it on the front page... That would require acknowledging their bias...)

It's rare that I'll enter into a public political debate for these reasons. Facts don't matter to some (or most) lefties. It's like banging your head against a brick wall.

What matters is their narrative. Everything that deviates even slightly is Russian Disinformation, and I'm the dumbass for even questioning their version of events...

One of the friends I was chatting with this morning about the number of police killed on January 6 accused me of being "so far down the far right algorithm bubble."

Even the NYTimes has printed the facts I was sharing, albeit in the aforementioned intentionally confusing way.

But facts don't matter... I questioned his narrative, and he knows the word algorithm, so I must be deep down the far right one...
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

The first 2 minutes reiterates what some have been saying over and over ... politicians are habitual hypocrites .... that many herein can’t see through their own ideological bias and continue to carry water for these douchebags simply because they prefer a given sides agenda makes those simps equally hypocritical .... I’m amazed how they can breath with their heads buried so far up their political asses.

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

xavoy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:37 pm
I agree.

Yep. It's why I'm more disappointed in NYTimes etc than I am with Fox. I have never ever taken Fox News stories at face value. Nor has anyone I have any respect for.

And yet so many of my lefty friends STILL believe what they read in the NYTimes, WaPo, Guardian, etc is fact. Apparently without so much as a split second thought about bias.

Their reasons differ from person to person, from lack of care or curiosity, to straight up ideological zealotry.

What shits me is how unwilling most are to acknowledge their bias, and how quick they are to assume an alternative narrative came from Tucker Carlson...
So few unbiased people in this world, but on this forum we have the honor to have of those posting. I guess we're blessed. :stir:
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:04 pm So few unbiased people in this world, but on this forum we have the honor to have of those posting. I guess we're blessed. :stir:

Where did I say I was unbiased? I have a clear bias.

I am an ex-lefty who is incredibly disappointed in almost every aspect of the left wing. From the hypocritical politicians, to the people who voted for them, and most of all the media that made it possible with their lies and deceit.

I still believe in most left-wing policies, from social welfare to public transport and hospitals. I'm happy with gun control laws, open to wider immigration, etc etc etc etc etc. But since ~2016 I wouldn't vote left if my life depended on it.

Why? Because I believe in a capable and well trained publicly funded police force for starters... I believe in supporting people to help themselves and each other rather than turning everyone into victims who point fingers at everyone but themselves. I believe in personal responsibility rather than blanket blame - ORANGE MAN = BAD! WHITE PERSON = COLONIALIST NAZI! - I believe in open discourse, conversation, and debate, rather than the left's YOU'RE EITHER WITH US OR AGAINST US.

I could go on here but I don't want to derail the conversation. But please, keep putting words in my mouth.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

xavoy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:08 pm
Kammekor wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:04 pm So few unbiased people in this world, but on this forum we have the honor to have of those posting. I guess we're blessed. :stir:

Yes, that's clear. My reply was meant tongue in cheek.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Why? Because I believe in a capable and well trained publicly funded police force for starters... I believe in supporting people to help themselves and each other rather than turning everyone into victims who point fingers at everyone but themselves. I believe in personal responsibility rather than blanket blame - ORANGE MAN = BAD! WHITE PERSON = COLONIALIST NAZI! - I believe in open discourse, conversation, and debate, rather than the left's YOU'RE EITHER WITH US OR AGAINST US.
You're painting with a rather broad brush there. That generally doesn't lead to an open discourse, conversation and debate.
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:46 pm You're painting with a rather broad brush there. That generally doesn't lead to an open discourse, conversation and debate.

Well, they were literally chanting it during BLM, and it wasn't just the rioters. Did you try asking questions during that time?

And as I said, I'm an ex lefty. Most of my friends are lefty. Most of the conversations I have are so predictable I could write out the other persons responses ahead of time.

This thread isn't all that different. I'm either in agreement with everything written in a NYTimes article or I've been watching too much Tucker...
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:42 pm

Yes, that's clear. My reply was meant tongue in cheek.

Everyone has a bias. It's just that some are able to acknowledge it, and work actively to prevent it from fogging their world view.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:04 pm
xavoy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:37 pm
I agree.

So few unbiased people in this world, but on this forum we have the honor to have of those posting. I guess we're blessed. :stir:
My son, you are indeed blessed to receive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic