Classified docs in Bidens office

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Classified docs in Bidens office

Post by John Bingham »

So we've progressed from "this isn't being reported" to "this isn't being reported the way I agree with". That's progress.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:55 pm So we've progressed from "this isn't being reported" to "this isn't being reported the way I agree with". That's progress.

I don't recall suggesting the NYPost didn't break the story?

As for the NYTimes post I linked, if an article makes vague reference to "a bizarre set of details" in an "unsubstantiated article" and otherwise contains every printable version of "this is bullshit" whilst conveniently leaving out every significant fact, is it too much of a stretch to say it "isn't being reported"?

Especially knowing what we know now (and what anyone who was paying attention knew then) would you consider an article that contains the following quotes a "report"?

"a splashy front-page article" "supposedly incriminating photos and emails" "the unsubstantiated article" "a bizarre set of details" "smelled suspiciously like the result of a hack-and-leak operation" "Many questions remain about how the paper obtained the emails and whether they were authentic" "distributing hacked material" "shared directly by hackers or their accomplices" "Russian disinformation" "a damaging cyberattack or misinformation" "flammable political misinformation"

It's funny how NYTimes, WaPo etc have so many "unnamed" or "anonymous" sources "close to the investigation" when it's making claims about the contents of the documents in Trump's cache, but when the same FBI who raided Trump stomps on a story about one of the Bidens they will instead quote "a Biden campaign surrogate" just so they can call it "Russian disinformation".

If you're arguing semantics about "this isn't being reported" vs "this isn't being reported the way I agree with" when even the people involved have admitted it was a huge cover up, perhaps you and I have different expectations from the NYTimes, etc. They used to be institutions I looked up to. These days, I'd put them about on par with the Khmer Times...
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Your Fox news sites Tucker Carlson is quite popular in Russia. Go figure. But at the same time he calls Trudeau a Stalinist dictator for removing the truckers who had shut down the nations downtown, Parliament area and interprovincial bridges for several weeks. Not to mention shutting down the international bridge where a very large proportion of Canada US trade crosses.

But the January 6th shit show was legitimate political discourse.

A lot of the funding for the truckers ball came from donations from the US. Exporting their hard right agenda. No thanks, keep it to yourselves.
Note, Trudeau let them make their point, but finally after they had disrupted the economy and government for that long, enough was enough. Nobody was hurt, only a few arrested.

All over vaccine and mask mandates.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nation ... -1.6459660
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

sammycooke wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:22 am But the January 6th shit show was legitimate political discourse.
And the low-grade civil war of 2020 was "mostly peaceful".

We all have biases.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:24 am
sammycooke wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:22 am But the January 6th shit show was legitimate political discourse.

We all have biases.
Sorry what are you referring to?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

sammycooke wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:53 am

We all have biases.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:06 am
sammycooke wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:53 am

We all have biases.
Extremists on both sides are who create most problems. The protestors had a legitimate cause, but after awhile it got way too out of hand and was taken advantage of by radicals and just plain anarchists. It still goes on today as a result of those demonstrations. High crime rates in many places go unpunished but then election deniers are a result of the radical right

In this thread or another I argued that most people fall somewhere in the middle of the far right and the far left and don't want woke bullshit, nor do they want hateful bigotry.
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

sammycooke wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:24 am Extremists on both sides are who create most problems. The protestors had a legitimate cause, but after awhile it got way too out of hand and was taken advantage of by radicals and just plain anarchists. It still goes on today as a result of those demonstrations. High crime rates in many places go unpunished but then election deniers are a result of the radical right

In this thread or another I argued that most people fall somewhere in the middle of the far right and the far left and don't want woke bullshit, nor do they want hateful bigotry.

So, you say this (after someone rightfully brings up the BLM riots in response to your post) but a few replies above you'd posted this:

sammycooke wrote: Your Fox news sites Tucker Carlson is quite popular in Russia. Go figure. But at the same time he calls Trudeau a Stalinist dictator for removing the truckers who had shut down the nations downtown, Parliament area and interprovincial bridges for several weeks. Not to mention shutting down the international bridge where a very large proportion of Canada US trade crosses.

But the January 6th shit show was legitimate political discourse.

A lot of the funding for the truckers ball came from donations from the US. Exporting their hard right agenda. No thanks, keep it to yourselves.
Note, Trudeau let them make their point, but finally after they had disrupted the economy and government for that long, enough was enough. Nobody was hurt, only a few arrested.

All over vaccine and mask mandates.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nation ... -1.6459660

Was that directed at me? My below reply assumes so, as otherwise I have missed some connection. If it was not directed at me, the below is not directed at you.

You certainly seem to have adopted the "with us or against us" war cry from the BLM riots. Did you know you can criticise NYTimes without subscribing to Tucker Carlson?

The only mention of Fox I made was to compare it to NYTimes in an attempt to discredit them both. The only journalist I gave any respect to was Bari Weiss and she is ex-NYTimes.

Whataboutism is the left's favourite accusation of anyone who questions the narrative, and yet your post is a textbook example haha.

Another of the left's favourite accusations is claiming Russian Disinformation which is another implication you made in your post but ironically the "Biden Campaign Surrogate" that the NYTimes quoted that was calling the NYPost article "Russian Disinformation" must be glad they weren't named, or they'd have a bit of egg on their face now, no? How convenient the NYTimes can lean on so many unnamed sources.

I also didn't mention January 6th, let alone defend them.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

xavoy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:57 am
Whataboutism is the left's favourite accusation of anyone who questions the narrative, and yet your post is a textbook example haha.

Another of the left's favourite accusations is claiming Russian Disinformation which is another implication you made in your post but ironically the "Biden Campaign Surrogate" that the NYTimes quoted that was calling the NYPost article "Russian Disinformation" must be glad they weren't named, or they'd have a bit of egg on their face now, no? How convenient the NYTimes can lean on so many unnamed sources.

I also didn't mention January 6th, let alone defend them.
Whataboutism only really works when the two sides are relatively equal (equally wrong, equally criminal, etc.). Don't think it works the way others think it does. The violence of Jan. 6 was quite minor compared to the murderous rioting of 2020. The elite Left ignores or justifies the latter, while the former is "an insurrection" or the "worst thing since WTC".

Please note I am not necessarily defending everything that happened on January 6th.

Likewise with the classified documents, the original point of this thread.
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:31 am Whataboutism only really works when the two sides are relatively equal (equally wrong, equally criminal, etc.). Don't think it works the way others think it does. The violence of Jan. 6 was quite minor compared to the murderous rioting of 2020. The elite Left ignores or justifies the latter, while the former is "an insurrection" or the "worst thing since WTC".

Please note I am not necessarily defending everything that happened on January 6th.

Likewise with the classified documents, the original point of this thread.

Won't get any arguments from me there. Several of my posts in this thread have referred to lefty hypocrisy.

Just this morning some lefty friends were trying to tell me about all the police that were killed on January 6.

I looked it up. The total number of police killed during the "insurrection"? Zero...

But don't tell Sleepy Joe that... He's happy to call it five.

Mind you, the New York Times reported a similar thing: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/us/w ... ttack.html

Of course they issued a silent "correction" in that article, which links to another article with following headline: "Officers’ Injuries, Including Concussions, Show Scope of Violence at Capitol Riot"

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/11/us/p ... uries.html

I don't blame lefties for being so uninformed. If they aren't paying the NYTimes all they get is the headlines... And even if they do get past the paywall to actually read the article, it's clear as... mud.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic