will tik tok replace Google?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
violet
Expatriate

Re: will tik tok replace Google?

Post by violet »

“>that’s cool but why?”
Many people look in the cupboard at what they have and want ideas of what they could make from what they have
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

JReb wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:24 pm Tik tok is no good. I was kind of a celebrity last year..but, getting bombarded with vids from Ukraine and chinese martial arts is not why I signed up. They have joined Facebook and messenger in my tech heap...not to mention the underage kids dancing and foreigners dressed improperly ..pass
You’re smart and don’t even know the truth , it’s plain and simple communist spyware .
Anybody who clicks any ticTok is just asking for trouble .. WASHINGTON, March 15 (Reuters) - The Biden administration has demanded TikTok’s Chinese owners divest their stake in the popular video app or face a possible U.S. ban, the Wall Street Journal reported, according to people familiar with the matter.

The move would be the most dramatic in a series of recent steps by U.S. officials and legislators who have raised fears that TikTok's U.S. user data could be passed on to China's government. TikTok has more than 100 million U.S. users.

The White House declined to comment.

TikTok spokesperson Brooke Oberwetter said in a statement to Reuters that "if protecting national security is the objective, divestment doesn't solve the problem: a change in ownership would not impose any new restrictions on data flows or access."

TikTok Chief Executive Shou Zi Chew is due to appear before the U.S. Congress next week.

Any U.S. ban would face significant legal hurdles. The Trump administration sought in 2020 to ban TikTok but was stymied by a series of court rulings.

TikTok and the U.S. Treasury-led Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) have been negotiating for more than two years on data security requirements. TikTok said it has spent more than $1.5 billion on rigorous data security efforts and rejects spying allegations. The Wall Street Journal said CFIU made the sale demand recently. A Treasury spokesperson declined to comment.

TikTok said on Wednesday that "the best way to address concerns about national security is with the transparent, U.S.-based protection of U.S. user data and systems, with robust third-party monitoring, vetting, and verification."
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

From the above - this was my thought when I heard of Biden’s demand

TikTok spokesperson Brooke Oberwetter said in a statement to Reuters that "if protecting national security is the objective, divestment doesn't solve the problem: a change in ownership would not impose any new restrictions on data flows or access."
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Maybe I'm totally out of the loop here but I don't understand this at all.
Google - you have a powerful search engine, amazing maps, lots of other useful apps and services.
TikTok - you have videos of people doing dances and other highly amusing stuff. And..?
How could one replace the other? :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic