its full of communist spyware and will soon be completely banned in america 🇺🇸

just plain bad news
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Re: will tik tok replace Google?

Post by Grand Barong »

pissontheroof wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:09 pm i wouldnt click on ANY thing labeled as tiktok , fox news warns against it

just plain bad news
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Grand Barong wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:53 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:09 pm i wouldnt click on ANY thing labeled as tiktok , fox news warns against it

just plain bad news
Saw this comment an hour ago , had a smoke and been wondering if you can explain the cartoon .
It makes zero sense to me .
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

pissontheroof wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:26 am

just plain bad news
Saw this comment an hour ago , had a smoke and been wondering if you can explain the cartoon .
Tic Tok is your friend, do a search and ask them.
DingDang
Tourist
United States of America

Post by DingDang »

TIKTOK is much better than Facebook..Instagram etc.
Only the ignorant people than can not handle womens freedom hate it.
DingDang
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

pissontheroof wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:26 am

just plain bad news
About
Oh Billy, I'm Really Proud of You is an exploitable comic template created by SrGrafo in which a boy named Billy goes to search something in Google and an FBI Agent monitoring his activity expresses pride in Billy for what he searches.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

DingDang wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:04 am TIKTOK is much better than Facebook..Instagram etc.
Only the ignorant people than can not handle womens freedom hate it.
A TikTok loving Yank? How unpatriotic.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

AI such as ChatGPT is the future of the internet, not Tik-Tok. We will see an explosion in this type of technology this year and it will progress incredibly quickly.

You can think of the evolution of the internet as stages. Originally it was basically static web pages (Web 1.0) which people mostly used just to get information. Yes there were bulletin boards such as this one, and other technologies for downloading content such as Napster, but 'surfing' the internet was largely a passive experience for most people.

Then Web 2.0 came along, with user generated web-pages - the birth of social media such as Facebook, video sites like YouTube, and the like. Websites became much more interactive and were updated constantly every time users themselves added to the content. You could now scroll infinitely and never get to the end of many websites.

We're now at the beginning of the next, and biggest manifestation of the internet by far- the use of AI. Very soon, your computer will be your best friend. And I'm not talking Alexa or Siri. I mean, it will be something you will sit and have endless conversations with, as if you were talking to a real human being. It will give us advice, tell us jokes, ask us how we're feeling today, give accurate information about anything we ask it, reply to messages for us (not dictating messages, I mean we can just say 'Let Dave know I can't make it tonight but I'll see him on Saturday' and it will compose and send an appropriate message) - it will basically do everything that sci-fi movies have been promising us for decades.

For those that are interested, I suggest taking a look at some of the videos of ChatGPT4.0 (the next iteration that's not out yet). As a basic demonstration, a guy drew on a notepad (quite badly with barely legible handwriting) with a biro what they wanted a website to look like, took a photo of it, gave it to chatGPT4.0, and it coded the website to look exactly as the guy had drawn it.

Things are moving very, very fast in the space of AI, and while Tik-Tok will probably remain popular for a long time to come, it isn't the future of the internet, or a replacement for Google.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Things are moving very, very fast in the space of AI, and while Tik-Tok will probably remain popular for a long time to come, it isn't the future of the internet, or a replacement for Google.
Unless tik tok is sold and out form under chinese influence it might just die

Overreach? Paranoia?
TikTok faces bans in US and other countries. Here's why.
Officials raise concerns of data security but critics warn of overreach.
The backlash against China-owned TikTok in the U.S. and other Western countries escalated in recent days, as some U.S lawmakers pushed to give President Joe Biden the authority to impose a ban on the app for all users.

Canada banned TikTok on government-issued mobile devices on Monday, following a similar ban from the European Union last week.

TikTok, which has more than 100 million monthly active users in the U.S., has faced growing scrutiny from government officials over fears that user data could fall into the possession of the Chinese government and the app could ultimately be weaponized by China to spread misinformation.
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/tiktok- ... d=97528047

I for one am not interested in ChatGPT nor talking to it or hearing it talk to me

I only use my smart phone for whats app, phone calls/ & sms and the weather
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I think it’s far more likely that technology like chat GPT will replace Google. Rather than having lots of results to look through, you’ll get one ‘source of truth’ answer. People are already using it that way instead of Google. It currently has limitations and, unless this has already changed, only ‘knows’ up to 2021, but it is the future (for awhile, at least)

I’m not tech enough to know what problems chatGPT as our ‘encyclopaedia might create - e.g. a malicious ‘hack’ that can somehow feed in distorted information that in turns affects the information put out.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic