Shooting dead a robber in the back - will he be convicted?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Shooting dead a robber in the back - will he be convicted?

Post by Big Daikon »

orichá wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:22 am an afro-american phenomenon
Missed this one. Sheesh.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

It's correct either way: African-American or Afro-american... Lol...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Americans

Skinheads go way back, too, and there's plenty in Texas...

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Kenr wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:42 pm
Seasquatch wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:23 pm
Kenr wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:52 pm
Seasquatch wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:45 pm
Kenr wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:05 pm

I’m sure I know what I’m talking about, it appears you don’t. September 1, 2021, Law HB 1927 went into effect. It is no longer a mandatory requirement to obtain a license or permit or have any type of training to carry your handgun in Texas.

And making the argument that there are worse places is pretty weak, especially when you want to compare Texas to 3rd world countries.
Texas isn't a 3rd world country? :stir: And Mexico is hardly "the worst place".

Law HB 1927 is still a law, you stated Texas has no laws, which one is it? :hattip:
No gun control or safety laws, he stripped them with HB 1927, but I’m sure that’s too difficult for you to distinguish the difference. It’s basically do as you please.

You brought up there were worse places south of the border, I never mentioned Mexico.
HB1927 states -

those age 21+ who can legally possess a firearm will be able to carry a handgun – concealed, or openly in a holster – in non-prohibited public places

Ok it holds to the 2nd amendment, don't see the problem there. Gun Advocates opposed it too as -

Exception: those who have been convicted of certain misdemeanors in the previous five years will not be able to carry handguns outside of their property or vehicle. These misdemeanors include assault causing bodily injury; deadly conduct; terroristic threat; and disorderly conduct with a firearm.

This seems reasonable to me, once again the Texas Gov site says you still have to get a permit and training so I'm not sure how you think they stripped gun laws.

I take no satisfaction on this guy losing his life, I'd like to know what kind of drugs and medications he was on, also if I was ever so desperate to do a hold up, I'd pick an easier target, fucking with the Mexicans/Cubans/Puerto Ricans/Dominicans in America is a sure way to end up dead.
LOL. Dude, you got your ass kicked in your first two (2) responses to my posts, now you want to come back and claim there is nothing wrong with HB 1927.

When a state allows gun straw purchases, when a state doesn’t have a red flag law, when a state strips away the requirement for proper training and permits/license to carry, you’re just asking for trouble.

The police advocated against, reasonable people advocated against, but the Governor just wanted to make sure Texas sold more guns than California, his words not mine, and wants to make sure everyone knows that Texas is a Second Amendment State, which everyone already knew it was.

It is too easy to purchase a gun legally, by Texas laws anyway, even if you can’t legally own one. And by allowing someone to carry a weapon without any type of training and permit/license is just plain fucking stupid. You may not think so, but a great many people do.

Edit: There is no training required and no permit is required, HB 1927 took away those requirements.
Ass kicked? All I did was post the official Texas Government website to your claim Texas has "no" gun laws, perhaps a better argument would be you don't like the laws they have. Anyways we're dancing in circles, feel free to have the last word.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

I'd say the best lesson to learn in all of this - if you're going to pull a gun on someone, never be stupid enough to turn your back on them, the Hispanics have some of the most wicked tempers I've ever came across, he took it personal, and I'd say it wasn't his first rodeo.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

The tacos any good?
Bet they're to die for.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Seasquatch wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:34 pm
Kenr wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:42 pm
Seasquatch wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:23 pm
Kenr wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:52 pm
Seasquatch wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:45 pm

Texas isn't a 3rd world country? :stir: And Mexico is hardly "the worst place".

Law HB 1927 is still a law, you stated Texas has no laws, which one is it? :hattip:
No gun control or safety laws, he stripped them with HB 1927, but I’m sure that’s too difficult for you to distinguish the difference. It’s basically do as you please.

You brought up there were worse places south of the border, I never mentioned Mexico.
HB1927 states -

those age 21+ who can legally possess a firearm will be able to carry a handgun – concealed, or openly in a holster – in non-prohibited public places

Ok it holds to the 2nd amendment, don't see the problem there. Gun Advocates opposed it too as -

Exception: those who have been convicted of certain misdemeanors in the previous five years will not be able to carry handguns outside of their property or vehicle. These misdemeanors include assault causing bodily injury; deadly conduct; terroristic threat; and disorderly conduct with a firearm.

This seems reasonable to me, once again the Texas Gov site says you still have to get a permit and training so I'm not sure how you think they stripped gun laws.

I take no satisfaction on this guy losing his life, I'd like to know what kind of drugs and medications he was on, also if I was ever so desperate to do a hold up, I'd pick an easier target, fucking with the Mexicans/Cubans/Puerto Ricans/Dominicans in America is a sure way to end up dead.
LOL. Dude, you got your ass kicked in your first two (2) responses to my posts, now you want to come back and claim there is nothing wrong with HB 1927.

When a state allows gun straw purchases, when a state doesn’t have a red flag law, when a state strips away the requirement for proper training and permits/license to carry, you’re just asking for trouble.

The police advocated against, reasonable people advocated against, but the Governor just wanted to make sure Texas sold more guns than California, his words not mine, and wants to make sure everyone knows that Texas is a Second Amendment State, which everyone already knew it was.

It is too easy to purchase a gun legally, by Texas laws anyway, even if you can’t legally own one. And by allowing someone to carry a weapon without any type of training and permit/license is just plain fucking stupid. You may not think so, but a great many people do.

Edit: There is no training required and no permit is required, HB 1927 took away those requirements.
Ass kicked? All I did was post the official Texas Government website to your claim Texas has "no" gun laws, perhaps a better argument would be you don't like the laws they have. Anyways we're dancing in circles, feel free to have the last word.
Wow, you sure know how to twist things, because that wasn’t the intention of your initial post. You stated to me that I didn’t know what I was talking about, in reference to needing a permit or license and training to carry, and then you came back and trolled me. You started this dance.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

then you came back and trolled me. You started this

At least you got the last word.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Soriya wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:36 am

Really? I like how silly little clowns only take excerpts of a post and turn it into something that it’s not. Good job! Sorry to inform you but I wasn’t wrong.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Kenr wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:42 am

Really? I like how silly little clowns only take excerpts of a post and turn it into something that it’s not. Good job! Sorry to inform you but I wasn’t wrong.
Oh come on, take it as a joke, you guys are arguing over stupid gun laws. When will yanks wake up and realise how pathetic and outdated them laws are.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Soriya wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:23 am
Kenr wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:42 am

Oh come on, take it as a joke, you guys are arguing over stupid gun laws. When will yanks wake up and realise how pathetic and outdated them laws are.
I agree they are outdated. You say it was a joke, then I apologize.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic