Anyone know about swimming pool installations ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Anyone know about swimming pool installations ?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hi, just putting this out there in case someone can help.
I need to know prices for a swimming pool pump and equipment, including chemicals - but not the pool itself or the tiles. I have a quote which I think is a ripoff, so I'm looking to contact either someone here who sells that stuff, or someone who's had a pool installed and is happy with the work and price who can put me on to a contact. I have a couple of addresses in PP, but would appreciate any firsthand recommendations.

I'll post or send the details by PM if you think you can help.
Thx in advance.
AM
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Anyone know about swimming pool installations ?

Post by vladimir »

Why not keep it empty and sell nitrous oxide and alcohol, make dosh selling the videos?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

vladimir wrote:Why not keep it empty and sell nitrous oxide and alcohol, make dosh selling the videos?
It's not my pool Vlad. Just trying to help a friend who I think is getting ripped off and into debt.
Otherwise, I'd invite everyone over for a learn to swim party. :Yahoo!:
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Your friend should research natural swimming pool filtration without chemicals could even be used to grow veggies and fish too.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

beaker wrote:Your friend should research natural swimming pool filtration without chemicals could even be used to grow veggies and fish too.
Funny you should say that. It's a fishpond at the moment.
And I agree with you; chemical pools are so 20th century.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

There are also floating solar powered UV light swimming pool water cleaners also
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

If you know a place in PP, I'd be interested in checking prices.
Thx for that idea anyway. Longterm, a natural pool is a winner for me, but I can only make suggestions. If the initial outlay is too expensive, (or difficult to maintain ), then I think he will go with the chemicals, but it seems silly if solar powered stuff is available in his pricerange.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

They are no more expensive than ordinary pool to construct and no filtration system to buy only plants
jimi hendrix
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

The places I've seen in PP all charge an arm and a leg. They even charge huge amounts to build the pool (whereas you could get some ditch diggers, tiles, cement and grout and get a similar result for 10% the cost). As for the filtration systems, they do seem pricey pretty much everywhere. If you find something, let me know. If you search online, there are ways of making simple pools pretty cheaply, but I've yet to attempt it.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

I would use earth bag building technique to build a pool. They could use recycled large plastic rice bags filled with the dirt from the hole. then reinforce with some chicken with and re-bar and plaster. Then I would set up a solar pump that would circulate the water up to small waterfall (for aeration) into the planted area ( with vegetables, fruit trees, ornamental and fish food) for filtration into the deep pool which would include fish and plants in container on bottom. Cost would be nothing to run and cheap to build.
edit: lot of clay around (I've heard) which could be used for sealing the bottom
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic