It's been good thanks for the help but I'm out of here.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Re: It's been good thanks for the help but I'm out of here.

Post by Grand Barong »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:20 am
Gazzy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:08 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:26 pm Best of luck

tried Cambodia 3 times now,
2008/09 10 months
2014 3 months
2021/22 1 7months

I found Cambodia life is not for me even though the wife is at home there
May I ask why it's not?
Why not?
To nosy, to much trash everywhere, Chaotic traffic & disregard for traffic laws, Cambodians total lack of respect to anyone, everyone and everything
Access to better beaches, better food at better prices
Most of all; for me;;;Quality of life

To each their own

yea thai beer sucks when you compare it to Burma, German, Laos, Japan & Mexican for sure :-)
A link below to a Forum where you can live in sweet Thai Bliss and save all of us your one sided Thai fanboy opinions.

https://aseannow.com/forum/400-thailand/
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

My interpretation of the topic is that ATST has found his final destination with wife and kids where he inteds to live a happy life off the grid. He is saying goodbye to beeing an expat (temporary visitor, spending a lot of time on a forum giving advice, hanging out with other expats searching for utopia) and become a real resident (grow his own fruit and veggies including chicken and water buffallo) , live a eays village life and not care to much about other foreigners or the rest of the world. Please excuse me if I am wrong. Not intended to insult you.

Cambodia is all about the people. I found them to be the nicest bunch all over Asia. I made good friends on my first visit alIready, helped some of them out of misery and they are unbelievably thankful for that. I generally feel welcome in Cambodia (can stay forever without too much fuss) whilst I get a feel that I am just tolerated in many other neighbouring countries. Its very easy to set up a business in Cambodia (in all areas) many of my friends tried elsewhere and got into a LOT of red tape or do/did it illegally with the permanent risk of getting jailed and/or deported. Until recently it was the only smoke friendly country in the area. Its cool to be safe when friends around you want to have a toke.

Sure there are also many downsides, but which country has not?

As for me I get bored after staying in one place for tooo long. I really love to switch places on a regular basis without ever planning longterm. Italy is a very nice country to spend some months of the year, its actually cheaper to stay here than in Cambodia (had to believe) but after I while I feel the need to move.
work is for people who cant find truffles
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by newsgatherer »

It’s so nice - till it’s not!

Boonys, it's about 2-3 days for me, at most
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic