Thailand ranks 30th in worlds cuisine WTF??

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Thailand ranks 30th in worlds cuisine WTF??

Post by Freightdog »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:19 pm hey, what ya want
good spelling or good taste???
Let us know when either is available.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

feel like I'm the only one who dislikes Italian food
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

crob wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:03 pm feel like I'm the only one who dislikes Italian food
Wow... so no pizza, no pasta, no gelato, no espresso for you ? Sounds like an handicap to me, i mean, their cuisine & style really make sense, wildly. I wish you had gastroscottophobia instead, easier to manage on a daily basis...never found a Scottish restaurant anyway (and never met a Scott, as far as i know).
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:24 am If I was French (perish the thought) I would be seriously offended that a French word was used to describe the food that is served up in the US.
Not especially...if someone says "c'est de la merde", i don't feel offended at all ^^ i just feel sorry for them
Spoiler:
That was a bit harsh, i love burgers and i would like to try a few things from Louisiana, like gumbos and other southern delicacies, not to forget having a real barbecue party a l'Americaine for sure, with Budweiser - i have a taste for basic beers, Bud & Corona
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:14 am
crob wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:03 pm feel like I'm the only one who dislikes Italian food
Wow... so no pizza, no pasta, no gelato, no espresso for you ? Sounds like an handicap to me, i mean, their cuisine & style really make sense, wildly. I wish you had gastroscottophobia instead, easier to manage on a daily basis...never found a Scottish restaurant anyway (and never met a Scott, as far as i know).
don't eat dairy and pasta is to heavy for me, always me feel yuk... i like gelato n espresso, that said being a shift worker i only drink espresso, coffee, etc when on night shift so that they have the right effect.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Vietnam – best Culinary Destination in Asia: Travel+Leisure
Vietnam has been named the Best Culinary Destination in the Bucket List Places in Asia in 2023 published by US magazine Travel+Leisure.
VNA Saturday, January 21, 2023 17:56 https://link.gov.vn/y2hiHDfG

According to the magazine, if there’s one cultural cuisine that bursts with umami goodness, it’s Vietnamese cuisine. The country, apart from its beautiful landscapes, is known for its food.

The magazine said “Everywhere you go, you’ll be met with local, regional delicacies that will bowl you over, as you soak in new, exciting experiences and visit stunning destinations.”

It also recommends best places to explore in Vietnam are Hanoi, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City. Must-try food include Pho, Banh Mi, Banh Cuon (rice rolls) and coffee, and the best time to visit the country is from November to March when the weather is the most comfortable, not too hot, not too cold and there are no pouring rain or stormy days.
https://en.vietnamplus.vn/vietnam-best- ... 247019.vnp
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I love pizza, Italian cold cuts and cured meats

Pasta less so. Sparing amounts of very flavorful pasta dishes is OK but couldn't eat it daily. Stodge
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

I womder if you ever been to Italy. Probably not.
work is for people who cant find truffles
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Going back on whatever I posted before, I think the best food in the world is all from around the Mediterranean. Italian, Greek, Turk, Lebanese, Israeli, Egyptian, Moroccan etc. I eat it at least five times a week. At the moment, due to the extremely cold weather conditions I really want to go to a French bistro. Can anyone recommend one?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

One of the best restaurant meals I’ve ever had was near Terni, in Italy. Actually, I cannot remember where exactly it was, as the drive to the restaurant took forever.
I was treated to this fantastic multi-multi course spread by the engineering manager. Small dishes, each verging on disappointment that they were too small, and finished too soon, but the next dish would be a new delight all over again. Not a single pizza or pasta dish.
I absolutely love Italian, and Mediterranean food. The variety has so much to offer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic