What city/area/island to visit next?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
TimDrake
Tourist
Austria

What city/area/island to visit next?

Post by TimDrake »

Hallo people,

I'm in Phnom Penh and have been in Cambodia for a little over 4 weeks. I enjoy Phnom Penh, arrived here and stayed about 10 days. Then about 2 weeks on Siem Reap. Since then PP again.
Where should I go next? What do I have to see before I leave in less than 3 weeks? Can anyone wholeheartedly recommend a place?

I think I would like to see something in the south. Beach, maybe islands, little (but still) party, more quiet and just enjoying the beauty and quiet.

Should I go to Kampot?
Koh Rong?
The area around Sihanoukville?
A combination of those of something completely different?

What do you say? Maybe you guys can help me.

Thank you very much for every reply!

Regards,
Me
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What city/area/island to visit next?

Post by armchairlawyer »

TimDrake wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:32 pm Hallo people,

I'm in Phnom Penh and have been in Cambodia for a little over 4 weeks. I enjoy Phnom Penh, arrived here and stayed about 10 days. Then about 2 weeks on Siem Reap. Since then PP again.
Where should I go next? What do I have to see before I leave in less than 3 weeks? Can anyone wholeheartedly recommend a place?

I think I would like to see something in the south. Beach, maybe islands, little (but still) party, more quiet and just enjoying the beauty and quiet.

Should I go to Kampot?
Koh Rong?

Regards,
Me
Nothing you have to see.
You can read my Koh Rong trip report, easy to search.
Expect less value for money in accommodation in all of the places you mention, compared to PP and SR.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Pre COVID, I took the family to Koh Rong. Loved it, but we weren’t there for long. If I had the time, I’d go again and stay a couple of weeks. I like the quiet, though. I’ve no idea if it’s changed much.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kampot is very nice if you can stay clear of the weirdos.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Should I go to Kampot?
Koh Rong?

Regards,
Me
I'd probably do Kampot, island hop from Kampot with train to shv and passapp to ferry port
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:52 pm Kampot is very nice if you can stay clear of the weirdos.
That will be the difficult part.
Boredom is like a shroud
TimDrake
Tourist
Austria

Post by TimDrake »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:57 pm

Should I go to Kampot?
Koh Rong?

Regards,
Me
I'd probably do Kampot, island hop from Kampot with train to shv and passapp to ferry port

Thank you. That's helpful.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic