No more cambodia draft outside of Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jo Bold
Expatriate

No more cambodia draft outside of Phnom Penh

Post by Jo Bold »

Just had a visit from our cambodia sales guy (sihanoukville). He told me that from now on cambodia stops selling draft beer outside of Phnom Penh. No new/last order allowed. We should inform them when our stock is finished, then they will come and pick up the equipment.
chriz_PP
Expatriate
China

Re: No more cambodia draft outside of Phnom Penh

Post by chriz_PP »

they better also stop selling it within Phnom Penh..
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

That's a bit odd, maybe they just can't meet the demand and are gonna focus on their biggest selling market.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

That will invite Hunaman to replace them with their draft.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Jo Bold wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:36 pm Just had a visit from our cambodia sales guy (sihanoukville). He told me that from now on cambodia stops selling draft beer outside of Phnom Penh. No new/last order allowed. We should inform them when our stock is finished, then they will come and pick up the equipment.
What has happened is that Cambodia discovered the agents had been robbing them blind and yanked the contracts. Basically they were stealing "free" kegs from the brewery and selling them to bars

So no more from the former Cambodia distribution company

Presumably Cambodia will appoint a new distributor now.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Cambodia and Angkor often used to leave me waking up in the night with a pounding headache anyway. Haven't touched either of them for a couple of years now.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Half the places here don't sell draft anyway, cans only.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Imagine that would be quite a bit of equipment and empty kegs getting returned to their place in Phnom Penh?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

xandreu wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:06 pm Cambodia and Angkor often used to leave me waking up in the night with a pounding headache anyway. Haven't touched either of them for a couple of years now.
Interesting. I've been baffled, at times, how little damage Cambodia seems to have done to me, even when I clearly had too much. :beer3:

So much so that it has become my go-to option if and when I have to drink local beer.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

No more 50c beers in Kampot, no smoking soon time to leave.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic