Not just another travel vlogger

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Not just another travel vlogger

Post by Private Nuts »

So the shits hit fan for Kurt Caz. Far out brussel sprouts.
Dude, so I know he spoke negatively about Thailand and returned to South America. He speaks fluent Spanish.
He went to Cuba and filmed prostitutes and exchanging US money on the street, not using banks, hence getting a better price and buying half price Cuban cigars from homemade places.

These videos went viral on all platforms he's on which is all platforms. The Cuban police find out.

They can work out the streets, the faces, these people don't have WiFi, they don't use YouTube, especially know that he has 2 million subscribers.

Now, because prostitution soliciting, 20 years in jail, he didn't blur their faces, the money street exchanges, the half price Cuban cigars and in editing he didn't blur their faces. There's 10-20 people who will be spending the next twenty years in Cuban prison.

Timmy Karter exposed this today, I like him so much more than Kurt, except for his love of regeaton music, but otherwise great guy. He is always positive energy and blurred the faces and actually they stayed in same room in Colombia, because YouTubers collaborating and meeting up is good for getting subscribers.

I saw Kurt's most recent video In Colombia, it was just him criticising and getting drunk, not what I used to enjoy.

But bro, this guy, because of his arrogance now due to YouTube success and wealth, I mean, he even just tosses a lit cigar on the road when crossing the road in his first Cuba video.

This in my opinion will catch up with him. I'm sure, I mean he says he lives in Colombia now. He will be a marked man. You think there isn't mafia and police connections in that area?.

He makes millions of dollars on YouTube and now 10 to 20 people in jail for 20 years. I mean, there's laws in Cuba, their faces exposed, tracked down, in prison, but don't you think there are people who are angry he portray Cuba in that way?. You think rich mafia or cops who do love all South America and hate gringos, especially who hurt and result in impoverished south Americans aren't going to use their connections and unlimited funds to get a revenge?.

I liked his videos, but after his visit to Thailand and trashing Asia, he kind of became boring and that's why I started watching Timmy Karter, because he's not ego, he's a spread the fun type of guy. Which is what I like.

Man I'd be shitting bricks if I was Kurt Caz right now.
He should have known better. You don't show a prostitutes face or illegal activity on social media, for what?, So you get money from views?.

So sad and all their family members affected. Dude until a few years ago Cubans would get arrested, I learnt for simply talking to a gringo, because secret police standing in corner will say you are doing illegal tourism venture to make money. they would get arrested for talking to gringos. Conan o Brian was one of the first to go to Cuba when it opened up and tell everyone to visit. But man, I mean, Kurt is a young guy, his ego and fame and need to continue to produce extreme content in order to stay relevant in the YouTube algorithm is why he's done it. I sense alot of good in the guy, but, man, he really fucked up.

Imagine knowing that there's 10 or 20 people serving 20 year sentences and all also all the family members that will affect everyday, you're talking hundreds of people negatively suffering.

This is a long rant, sorry. I'm just in shock. When you're a guest in a foreign country and a YouTuber, you have to be respectful.

This is so big I'm expecting "Moist Critical" (YouTube/twitch guy with 13, million subs, will comment on it, as Moist is very good at pointing out atrocious viral videos of YouTube stars who fucked up their life or careers).

So Kurt, is very very street smart, growing up in South Africa. He's only 23!, He looks 30 and acts it. He has an ability on camera to be confident and street smart which is why his channel grew soooo quickly.

I don't know what to say. Kurt seemed like a cool guy, but I think YouTube fame made him arrogant or unwatchable, because his go to was drinking, possibly to come across as more fun.

If you YouTube search "Timmy Karter, avoid this man in Cuba", you will see. It was posted today, about 14 hours ago.

Sorry for the long post, but like many of you I enjoyed Kurt's videos. But man, from here.... . We'll have to see. I feel for Kurt and his stupidity, but that is nothing compared to the consequences of the people who are now in prison for 20 years and also their suffering families.

Such a sad situation.

grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

Wow...very bad ... If only ,part of what's said is true Kurt has hurt a lot of people in Cuba and caused a load of trouble for the sake of views and money..
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

lol, who the fuck watches these mongos?
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

What in the fuck are you talking about? Why are you reviving a dead thread to go on some tangent about an idol of yours? Literally who gives a fuck dude
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i tried to watch the above video, 10 secs in, skipped a bit than fuck<
what a waste of time>
and you follow this guy??
Dam, ur life must really suck
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

Private Nuts wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:55 pm
I took a shot every time you wrote "20 years". Thanks, I'm wasted now.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

Hey man, I'm just killing time waiting for the Barbie movie to come out. I don't follow Kurt anymore, but Timmy and some travel bloggers are good. They help you learn what and what not to do before you go to a different country.
As for the comments, you guys all spend your time responding to comments like mine on CEO, you're life sux just as much as mine.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Private Nuts wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:45 pm Hey man, I'm just killing time waiting for the Barbie movie to come out. I don't follow Kurt anymore, but Timmy and some travel bloggers are good. They help you learn what and what not to do before you go to a different country.
As for the comments, you guys all spend your time responding to comments like mine on CEO, you're life sux just as much as mine.
look at some 12 year old's posting about a country an this is how you get ur info :
:stir:
WOW LOL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:52 pm
Private Nuts wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:45 pm Hey man, I'm just killing time waiting for the Barbie movie to come out. I don't follow Kurt anymore, but Timmy and some travel bloggers are good. They help you learn what and what not to do before you go to a different country.
look at some 12 year old's posting about a country an this is how you get ur info :
:stir:
WOW LOL
Look at some old forum troll trying to learn, unsuccessfully, how to get a promotion to troll senior management. Man your life must really suck. Love, Private Nuts.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Follow sports teams, players, business personalities, science, anything but a skill-less moron, that you're idolizing and making rich.

23 is the new 12. 30 is the new 20. Because the generations are perfecting the art of getting rich without working, by improving on the gen before.

They get idiot groupies and do things like go to forums, about the countries where they are heading, or at, sock up and say "he's cool," to everyone, to which he socks to himself, "yeah, man, he's the best. I love him (yes you do)."

And as a trailer, a third sock will mention a scene where you might miss a white lady saying "monkey took my stick." He says that because she actually said "Man, Kurt makes me sick!"
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic