Scandal:Kep Deputy Governor Attacks Woman with Glass at Hi-So Party

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Scandal:Kep Deputy Governor Attacks Woman with Glass at Hi-So Party

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Kep): In a scandalous attack, a drunk official, Mr. Pholy, Deputy Governor of Kep Province, harassed a woman and used violence against another woman by throwing a wine glass at her, causing 16 stitches on her face. The case happened at the inauguration party of Mr. In Sao, Director of the Department of Environment of Kep Thmey Province, on the night of December 29, 2022.

Officials who witnessed the incident said that the woman victim, KHL, suffered a fractured head, and 16 stitches on her right eyelid.
The same official confirmed that before the incident, the guests went to attend the inauguration party of Mr. In Sao, Director of the Kep Thmey Provincial Department of Environment in front of the Royal Palace in Kep Village, Sangkat Kep, Kep City, where the victim and her relatives were invited to eat at the table with Mr. In Sao's family.

Suddenly, after a while, Mr. Pholy, Deputy Governor of Kep Province, who was sitting at another table, came to the victim's table. He was clearly drunk and he kissed the head of T.M.R., a woman relative of the victim, KHL, with the intention of embarrassing her in front of everyone. T.M.R. said to Mr. Pholy, “Stop! It is not right for you to do that! I have a husband ! ”
At that time, Mr. Phuli walked back to his table, but when he once again returned to the victim's table, KHL and her relatives, including the woman T.M.R., got up to leave the party. Suddenly as the group were leaving, Mr. Pholy came up and angrily threw a wine glass at KHL's head, injuring her so severely that she was taken to hospital, where she was treated with 16 stitches on her face.
Spoiler:
However, despite the violence of the unprovoked assault, the authorities at the scene did not detain Mr. Pholy, and Khan Sophal, Prosecutor of the Kep Provincial Prosecutor's Office, told reporters that as of December 30, 2022, the Judicial Police had not yet arrested Mr. Pholy, but that this case is still under the control of judicial police officers who are taking action.

Regarding the case, Mr. Pholy, Deputy Governor of Kep Province, could not be reached for comment.
The general public is waiting to see the action of the authorities.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Scandal:Kep Deputy Governor Attacks Woman with Glass at Hi-So Party

Post by Ghostwriter »

I bet the authorities are busy determining if the wine was red or white before pointing any finger, and i have a feeling that the temperature it was served might be the explanation of this kerfuffle.
Some waiter is gonna be fired for sure ^^

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Reminds me of another public assault where nothing was done to the perp
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

I was looking at how many police were deployed on the streets of Kampot and Kep yesterday just to do absolutely nothing. They were literally standing around for hours just... doing nothing! Just standing there. A massive waste of a mobilization. Oh don't get me wrong, I get why it happened. Anyway I'm sure all those hundreds of cops after being deployed to stand and do nothing for a laugh are now ready to go after perps like this one!

Not depressing at all, right?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

In the end it was determined by the specialized task force of the joint task force of the department of task forces that it was a case of bad wind causing surprise to the glass which then fell onto the woman's head causing injury.

Quoted from Khmer Times in the near future.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Looks like hes been fired. He should be charged with assault. Not like there werent any witnesses.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

canucklhead wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:32 am Looks like hes been fired. He should be charged with assault. Not like there werent any witnesses.
Any reliable ones?

The face saving machine will shift the object of attention out of the way, possibly. If he’s been fired, he’s no longer so important, and therefore no longer that newsworthy.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

If they can't deal with this guy: arrest, charge and imprison for 5 years+, why would anyone believe they will tackle these types of people for corruption and anti-money laundering activities?

The FATF shouldn't waste their time here, they were right the first time.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kep Deputy Governor Phou Le is removed from his post for violence and harassment against two women.

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

More likely he'll be reassigned to a cushy desk job elsewhere.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic