ahh Indians on flights don't understand Jai Yen

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: ahh Indians on flights don't understand Jai Yen

Post by newsgatherer »

Gazzy wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:13 pm
2sevensclash wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:49 am Nobody seems to object to Chinese bashing ?
Why would anyone object to these caring, sharing, environmental loving, courteous, educated, respectful, law abiding citizens?

I'm not a fancy hotelier but I've seen a lot of Chinese at Aeon Mall 1 when I shop there, and I always find them well mannered. They know how to form a line and no one stands in your way. But there are often locals who seem to have a hard time queuing at the checkouts there.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

cabron wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:34 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:28 pm
Yobbo wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:07 pm Did some work for a really nice Indian family, turned out they were Sri Lankan.
They all look the same to me :tumbleweed:
So what.
Lighten up, buddy. It's New Year's Eve!
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Wouldn't Cabron be fun at a dinner party!
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:28 am thai for "cool heart"
ie, take it easy
:-)
Would shanti be more fitting given the nationality of those involved Richard. Meaning peace or tranquility in Hindi.

I've had run ins with Indians on planes..the rich ones are the worst..if you're that fucking rich fuck off to business class. But also with Ozzies on a quantas flight.. or rather the trolly dolly.. taking this bunch cans by the case load.. I didn't mind all the singing and shouting.. I ask the same bimbo for a second micro can and get the one in the air is worth 3 on the ground speech..

Sorry violet just yanking your chain flower :stir:
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

I am a Singaporean so watching the video it doesn’t surprise me how these Indians behave.

Call me a racist, I’m good, you have to live with these people like me in Singapore and you’ll understand what I am saying.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:02 pmFriends who worked for airlines reported that Indians and Chinese were some of the worst behaved passengers. Obviously not all, but the patterns were observed.
Spot on. I’m a Chinese too but from Singapore and I take no offense to what you said. For those who travel a lot like me please tell me if I am right when your flight is delayed it’s highly likely it’s some shitskins who overlooked boarding time while shopping in the duty free.

Please tell me I am wrong.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

yong wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:52 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:02 pmFriends who worked for airlines reported that Indians and Chinese were some of the worst behaved passengers. Obviously not all, but the patterns were observed.
Spot on. I’m a Chinese too but from Singapore and I take no offense to what you said. For those who travel a lot like me please tell me if I am right when your flight is delayed it’s highly likely it’s some shitskins who overlooked boarding time while shopping in the duty free.

You are not. If it isn’t Chinese stuck in duty free or trying to get a VAT refund, it is perfectly healthy Indians trying to blag a ride on the electric cart used for people with health issues.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

So it is Indonesian Indians, South African Indians, Pakistanis, Nepalese or Burmese Indians? Or Inuit Indians?
What about the Indians who live all over Africa and the rest of the world, for that matter?
Or do we just hate Indians who actually live in India itself?

How do we tell the difference though? So many people walking around in Saris or burkas, it's impossible to tell.

What about non-Indian looking people who carry Indian passports - do we hate them as well?
Or is it only the Indian looking Indians that we can't tolerate.

This topic is seriously bullshit and should be deleted.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Andrew Nasia
Tourist

Post by Andrew Nasia »

^^
I've heard that you can be fun at parties, but I wasn't expecting you to be this much fun.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

yong wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:52 pm

My understanding is the bad behavior is most likely found among mainland Chinese, not the Hongkies or Singies.

I should have been more specific. One thousand pardons.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic