ahh Indians on flights don't understand Jai Yen

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Re: ahh Indians on flights don't understand Jai Yen

Post by Gazzy »

2sevensclash wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:49 am Nobody seems to object to Chinese bashing ?
Why would anyone object to these caring, sharing, environmental loving, courteous, educated, respectful, law abiding citizens?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:00 pm
2sevensclash wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:49 am Nobody seems to object to Chinese bashing ?
Well they are the Germans of Asia after all

:stir:
That would be the Japanese.
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

I was being a bit sarcastic to Roz. Racism seem to be shouted out when it concerns Indians/Pakistanis but is ignored about others.

EG a joke going round about the world cup is "Indians don't win the world cup because when they get a corner they build a newsagents on it" This was deemed "racist" I was told someone I knew had objected to the joke, when i bumped into her I told her another joke "The reason Australians don't win the world cup is because when they get a corner they build a barbecue" She did not object to that ?

Same with religion say anything you like about catholic priest pedos and nothing is said, mention the muslim grooming gangs and "racist" is shouted.

I got chatting to an english women at a table in India last year, she was obviously a leftie and the type who would use the racist slur. She loved India and we were chatting about our favourite places to visit around the world I said I was very fond of Santa Cruz in California her reply "I would never go to America I hate Americans"
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

2sevensclash wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:31 pm I was being a bit sarcastic to Roz. Racism seem to be shouted out when it concerns Indians/Pakistanis but is ignored about others.

EG a joke going round about the world cup is "Indians don't win the world cup because when they get a corner they build a newsagents on it" This was deemed "racist" I was told someone I knew had objected to the joke, when i bumped into her I told her another joke "The reason Australians don't win the world cup is because when they get a corner they build a barbecue" She did not object to that ?

Same with religion say anything you like about catholic priest pedos and nothing is said, mention the muslim grooming gangs and "racist" is shouted.

I got chatting to an english women at a table in India last year, she was obviously a leftie and the type who would use the racist slur. She loved India and we were chatting about our favourite places to visit around the world I said I was very fond of Santa Cruz in California her reply "I would never go to America I hate Americans"
Newsagents? That's such an outdated stereotype and highly defamatory.

These days they buy large Post Offices and turn them into small Post Offices surrounded by large pharmacies and become the standard referral pharmacy by their family members who are the local doctors. It's a beautiful business model.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Newsagents? That's such an outdated stereotype and highly defamatory.
absolutely;
they move to America an buy a Budget, holiday or comfort inn
or motel 6
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

Ask many Indians who deal with tourists in Goa and they like the brits but not the Russians ?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

2sevensclash wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:52 pm Ask many Indians who deal with tourists in Goa and they like the brits but not the Russians ?
That’s perfectly reasonable. I know many Russians who don’t like the Russians.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Did some work for a really nice Indian family, turned out they were Sri Lankan.
They all look the same to me :tumbleweed:
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:07 pm Did some work for a really nice Indian family, turned out they were Sri Lankan.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Big Daikon wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:28 pm
Yobbo wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:07 pm Did some work for a really nice Indian family, turned out they were Sri Lankan.
So what.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic