ahh Indians on flights don't understand Jai Yen

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: ahh Indians on flights don't understand Jai Yen

Post by Bluenose »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:35 am Indian bashing?? Seems a tad racist.
Is this thread really necessary?
The Indians seemed to be doing an OK job of bashing each other.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

:clap:
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:26 am An altercation took place on board a Thai Smile flight from Bangkok to Kolkata and captured by a passenger.

I thought it was a dirty word. :wave:
Boredom is like a shroud
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:36 pm
hanno wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:29 pm That is why I said "generalization". Also obviously just personal observation, and not racism. German guests tend to drink a lot, French guests don't tip, Chinese will clean out the entire buffet in 3 seconds, Vietnamese let their kids run amok, Israelis will want a rebate on everything, and so on.
And the English?

Polite and uncomplaining?
I think I never had any issues with the English. Might be different on Mallorca, but the Poms I had were usually very nice.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

hanno wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:06 pm
Doc67 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:36 pm
hanno wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:29 pm That is why I said "generalization". Also obviously just personal observation, and not racism. German guests tend to drink a lot, French guests don't tip, Chinese will clean out the entire buffet in 3 seconds, Vietnamese let their kids run amok, Israelis will want a rebate on everything, and so on.
And the English?

Polite and uncomplaining?
I think I never had any issues with the English. Might be different on Mallorca, but the Poms I had were usually very nice.
Yeah, probably the more discerning ones ventured to Vietnam. Benidorm in July might be a different story.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

hanno wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:56 am
techietraveller84 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:46 am I had a friend who was a waitress in a hotel restaurant that said the most difficult customers were Indian.
One shouldn't generalize but, after more than 30 years in the hotel business, Indians are definitely in the top 5 of my personal "worst guests" list. Though I have also made great friends with Indian guests over the years.
Would like to hear your top 5. My friend also working in hotel industry long time his top 5 are:

1. Israelis
than long time nothing

2-5 Chinese, Indians, The Brits, Russians
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Chuck Borris wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:41 pm
hanno wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:56 am
techietraveller84 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:46 am I had a friend who was a waitress in a hotel restaurant that said the most difficult customers were Indian.
One shouldn't generalize but, after more than 30 years in the hotel business, Indians are definitely in the top 5 of my personal "worst guests" list. Though I have also made great friends with Indian guests over the years.
Would like to hear your top 5. My friend also working in hotel industry long time his top 5 are:

1. Israelis
than long time nothing

2-5 Chinese, Indians, The Brits, Russians
1. Israelis
2. Indians
3. Vietnamese
4. Chinese
5. Russians
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by newsgatherer »

Ha ha, so happy not to work in the tourism industry or have to make a living from it. They are mostly obnoxious, pompous and rude wherever you meet them, it all depends on their social class. The more conflict they encounter at home, the more aggressive they are abroad. The less educated they are, the more they seem to be oriented against their host country. That's what you learn as an expat or long-term immigrant, that no one really cares about anything other than their own place of birth. the food they ate when they were young, the music they listened to. The Land of Smiles is really only found in select locations with trained staff who can handle the challenge with unruly short-term visitors in general. Here, it seems that the reputation of all nationalities is in serious question, due to the recent affordability of the region in general. I would say that the good salary offered to specialized staff in the tourism industry is well deserved.
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

Nobody seems to object to Chinese bashing ?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

2sevensclash wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:49 am Nobody seems to object to Chinese bashing ?
Except maybe the bashee?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

2sevensclash wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:49 am Nobody seems to object to Chinese bashing ?
Well they are the Germans of Asia after all

:stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic