Milan Reports 50% of Passengers on China Flights Have Covid

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Milan Reports 50% of Passengers on China Flights Have Covid

Post by Doc67 »

Pre-flight testing cannot be trusted. The CCP wants their citizens to travel, and you have to ask yourself why that is. Therefore Chinese in-country testing cannot be trusted. Furthermore, you cannot set up testing at the airports unless you have full-scale quarantine facilities in place, and they have all been dismantled.

I would simply apply a total ban of entry for anyone that has been in China in the last 21 days, regardless of nationality. No exceptions and no country hopping and dodging. There are no tourists in China so nobody will be left stranded.

It won't stop this wave of Chinese infections from getting around, but it might slow it down enough for the western northern hemisphere to get out of winter and overcome the flu season which is currently raging in the UK and I suspect other countries.

When are we going to learn to tell China to fuck off?
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:49 pm Pre-flight testing cannot be trusted. The CCP wants their citizens to travel, and you have to ask yourself why that is. Therefore Chinese in-country testing cannot be trusted. Furthermore, you cannot set up testing at the airports unless you have full-scale quarantine facilities in place, and they have all been dismantled.

I would simply apply a total ban of entry for anyone that has been in China in the last 21 days, regardless of nationality. No exceptions and no country hopping and dodging. There are no tourists in China so nobody will be left stranded.

It won't stop this wave of Chinese infections from getting around, but it might slow it down enough for the western northern hemisphere to get out of winter and overcome the flu season which is currently raging in the UK and I suspect other countries.

When are we going to learn to tell China to fuck off?
[/quote
Agreed 100%
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:11 pm Does Cambodia, Thailand, Bali, Europe, the states really want these people just to boost tourism??
Italian health authorities will begin testing all arrivals from China for Covid after almost half of the passengers on two flights to Milan were found to have the virus.
Most of those who tested positive weren’t showing symptoms. But local media reported that there’s increasing concern among health officials about new Covid variants emerging from China.

Italy was the first European country to be hit hard by Covid in early 2020.

While the high rate of passengers with the virus has put authorities on alert, one factor in Italy’s favor is its high vaccination rate.

More than 80% of people are fully inoculated, according to the World Health Organization, and many have also received booster shots. It’s a similar story across much of Western Europe

https://news.yahoo.com/milan-reports-50 ... 02106.html

My $.05 worth,
every country should require a Negative test 48 hours before any arrival from China and a rapid test at the airport
so what if it costs them $$$ an its a inconvenience.
The world needs to stop the spread and containing the Chinese is one way
You can't stop the spread of an endemic seasonal illness. There's no longer a quarantine even reccomended for cases

Also, what's with that article?

Italy will begin testing arrivals for covid after tests on arrivals showed that half the arrivals on a flight had covid - lol
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

My concern is the lack of openness from the CCP. The WHO and others are still asking for early data on the virus which the CCP refuse to give. Until very recently China was imposing very strict lockdowns are requiring people to be regularly tested to do basic things like going into shops. Then the protests came on a large scale across the whole country and the CCP shit itself so scrapped covid measures. As a result cases appear to have skyrocketed and China is now going through what much of the rest of the world went through. The rest of the world eased restrictions as things improved, ie infections fell, less stress on health systems, vaccine rollout. Nothing has improved in China and the suddenness of changes seems bizarre.

At the very beginning China restricted travel from wuhan to other parts of China but happily let wuhan travel the world. It's as if the want to everyone to swim in shit with them again.

We should be safe from immunity levels within our communities but the lack of transparency from China causes concern.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Just let them spread it like anyone else. It's funny how people who've been bashing Covid travel restrictions for the last 2+ years now want them imposed upon Chinese travelers. Why? At this time of built up immunity, there's no need for any of this shit anymore.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Alex wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:51 pm Just let them spread it like anyone else. It's funny how people who've been bashing Covid travel restrictions for the last 2+ years now want them imposed upon Chinese travelers. Why? At this time of built up immunity, there's no need for any of this shit anymore.
The problem is the complete lack of transparency with China and that causes a lot of concern and distrust. The worry people have is that a new variant will emerge from China (could be worse or better) and that they won't tell us if they know anything about it 1st.

Personally, I'd like to see China being more open about the origins and the early data on the virus before it's treated the same as everyone else.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

hburns wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:09 pm
Alex wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:51 pm Just let them spread it like anyone else. It's funny how people who've been bashing Covid travel restrictions for the last 2+ years now want them imposed upon Chinese travelers. Why? At this time of built up immunity, there's no need for any of this shit anymore.
The problem is the complete lack of transparency with China and that causes a lot of concern and distrust. The worry people have is that a new variant will emerge from China (could be worse or better) and that they won't tell us if they know anything about it 1st.

Personally, I'd like to see China being more open about the origins and the early data on the virus before it's treated the same as everyone else.
Yeah, there are worries, I know. We've had worried noodles ruin our lives for the last few years, I'd say we should be done with it and move on.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Built up immunity from the last variation yes but what about the one running rampant in China and soon the rest of the world. They unleashed the last lot on us and hid the origins.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

Could it possibly be that many of us have it right now or have had it? And instead if being tested, we just get over it & recover? Could it be that this fear, failing 'vaccines & stigma is just something we need to ignore?
Could it be that next thing the World will be shut down again & China will be blamed?

My two cents....ignore all the jive, ignorance (with this nonsense) is bliss.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Lost50 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:21 pm Could it possibly be that many of us have it right now or have had it? And instead if being tested, we just get over it & recover? Could it be that this fear, failing 'vaccines & stigma is just something we need to ignore?
Could it be that next thing the World will be shut down again & China will be blamed?

My two cents....ignore all the jive, ignorance (with this nonsense) is bliss.
I had it and come to think about it, if it wasn't for all the media I would have just had a couple of nights with cold chivers and a cough for a few days after and being non the wiser. But because of all the hipe I got tested then worried what was going to happen which turned out to be nothing so far , I do have a lot less energy since though.
The thing is most countries have got over it for at least 6-12 months but not China and they still haven't and now they are opening up.
It's still an unknown virus and vaccines are also questionable
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic