Go Fund Me for Cambodian Toddler

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Go Fund Me for Cambodian Toddler

Post by Cambo Dear »

We have some family friends in Cambodia whose daughter was sadly burned on her hands when she plunged them into a pot of boiling Borbor (rice porridge) while in the care of her grandma. Her parents are both really hardworking people who live in Poipet and have spent all they can on medical treatment so far, but the care they have paid for hasn't been successful. At the moment, their daughter has two fingers that have fused together and she can't close her hands, which means she can't hold or grip anything. Cambodia is difficult enough for a lot of families, but with this type of injury, I can't imagine what their daughter's future looks like. We are not in a position to find the operation ourselves, unfortunately. I know that in general gofundme requests aren't always well received here and I know that many people here have commitments within their own families, but if you could spare a little money it would go a long way for this family. If anyone wants more details, please feel free to PM me on here.

Thanks either way for taking the time to read the post and if you can, please share anywhere you think it may help to raise the money.

https://gofund.me/ff47c2a3
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Go Fund Me for Cambodian Toddler

Post by Darkcel »

Got an ABA for the family? I'm pretty sure to you can't get the funds out of the GoFundMe until it's completed.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

I'll ask the missus and get back to you about the ABA and thanks for the message/tip.
PaaSwaa
Expatriate
Argentina

Post by PaaSwaa »

Good job grandma.
One of the many reasons I won't leave my child with her family
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

PaaSwaa wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:22 am Good job grandma.
One of the many reasons I won't leave my child with her family
Yes, a real tragedy but as I mentioned, they both work and had limited options with regards to childcare. Apparently the Borbor was cooked, taken off the stove and set aside on the floor and that's when she put her hand in it.
Darkcel wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:59 pm Got an ABA for the family? I'm pretty sure to you can't get the funds out of the GoFundMe until it's completed.
Just a heads-up, the total doesn't have to be reached for funds to be withdrawn. I had to do an identity check and now donations are sent as they come in.
PaaSwaa
Expatriate
Argentina

Post by PaaSwaa »

On the floor to cool near a toddler... Everyday, I'm amazed
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to anyone and everyone who has donated or shared. Over £900 has been raised in just over a week.

If you can't donate, please share if you can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic