American child sex offender Caven Wayne Chaudoin is really interested in moving to Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: American child sex offender Caven Wayne Chaudoin is really interested in moving to Siem Reap

Post by Ghostwriter »

Best option here about recidivism is the rule of precaution : fuck him and his convenient destination choice, keep him in a monitored country...

Paying a fee to have him blacklisted seems a bit odd, why can't it be free of charge, and requested by the very people supposed to be in charge of filtering out the scum preying on kids, especially their country's kids ?
Seems that OP already made most of the work here, free of charge.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Re: American child sex offender Caven Wayne Chaudoin is really interested in moving to Siem Reap

Post by sammycooke »

Rockman Lover wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:48 am In the last couple of weeks there have been a couple of lengthy threads in the Siem Reap Expats & Locals public Facebook group started by an American named Caven Chaudoin.

He's interested in moving to Cambodia despite never visiting there because YouTube videos he has watched suggest Cambodia is a nice place to live with friendly people.

Chaudoin asked a lot of newbie questions about how to find an apartment, whether he can use American credit cards, how to buy property, etc. Apparently, he doesn't leave the USA much (if ever), yet he's very motivated to move to a particular place -- Siem Reap, Cambodia.

He got dozens of helpful and detailed responses this month advising him about moving to Siem Reap.

Apparently, no one thought to google the name "Caven Chaudoin" just to check if this dude has a shady past and possible ulterior motive for wanting to move to Cambodia.

It turns out he's a convicted child sex offender:

https://www.offenderradar.com/offender- ... nia-920495

An article in the May 23, 1991 San Bernardino County Sun reported that Chaudoin, then 30 years old, was recently arrested for soliciting oral sex from a 15 year old undercover police explorer.

His criminal records available online also state that he was convicted in 1995 (at age 34 or 35) of "LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH A CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE BY FORCE OR FEAR" and "ORAL COPULATION WITH A MINOR UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE OR BY FORCE OR FEAR."

He was released from custody/supervision/parole/probation in 2019

He is designated by the state of California as a sex offender with an above average risk of re-offending.

If this guy does move to Cambodia, maybe APLE and the bored FBI dudes at the U.S. Embassy should keep an eye on him.
This deserves consideration for reinstatement for Gavvy.

One of the most classic posters of all time.

On probation of course. I didn't read any trolling posts so correct me if I'm wrong.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

I'm generally in favor of giving people a second chance, if they seem genuine about having changed their ways.

In a case like this, I don't think he should be able to leave the country, especially to a place like Cambodia unless he willing gets chemically castrated. That to me would show a genuine determination to not be a pedo.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

sammycooke wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:04 am
This deserves consideration for reinstatement for Gavvy.

One of the most classic posters of all time.

On probation of course. I didn't read any trolling posts so correct me if I'm wrong.
Did Gavvy ever really leave?

He has so many socks that an occasional banning never phases him. He just changes socks.

Here is a CEO Moderator dealing with Gavvy's socks.

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:38 pm Apparently the procedure is that someone with a good reputation and credentials can go to immigration and show some evidence that a certain individual is an undesirable or persona non grata and then donate some funds. I'll do it myself but I don't have a huge amount spare at the moment. It's worth it when you find out that some creep came thousands of miles only to be refused entry and sent packing.
I find that astonishing if that's the official procedure.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

atst wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:42 am
John Bingham wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:38 pm Apparently the procedure is that someone with a good reputation and credentials can go to immigration and show some evidence that a certain individual is an undesirable or persona non grata and then donate some funds. I'll do it myself but I don't have a huge amount spare at the moment. It's worth it when you find out that some creep came thousands of miles only to be refused entry and sent packing.
It's the "I know people who make this country run" procedure, because the others wouldn't give two fucks if some kiddie rapist was coming here. At least the guys he'd give tea money to would more than likely do it without cash involved.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

atst wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:42 am
It's not official. You could just report the guy without paying but it's less likely anything will be done. How is this surprising?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

fyi:
How do Sex Offenders get a Passport?
Most sex offenders are not automatically denied a passport. They must first make an application, and then present proof that they have completed their required sex offender treatment. If the offender is sentenced to less than two years in prison, or if they have been released from prison within the last five years, they may be eligible for a provisional passport. If the offender is convicted of a more serious offense, such as child molestation or rape, they will likely be denied a passport.
Child Sex Offender & a Passport

Once you are a convicted child sex offender, your passport gets revoked. Last year, the Department of State issued a new law that revokes a child sex offender’s passport. However, anyone convicted of such a crime can still get a passport.

The Department of State notifies a convicted child sex offender by mail of the revocation of his or her passport. The offender can still apply for a new passport; however, the document will contain a statement on the inside back cover. The statement reads “The bearer was convicted of a sex offense against a minor and is a covered sex offender pursuant to 22 United States Code Section 212b(c)(l).”
having served 19 years , i doubt he would get a passport so ......
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

It’s referred to as Passport and International Megan’s Law.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Forwarding all of his details & documentation listed by the OP to the Child Protection Unit might be worthwhile? Unlike Australia, Canada, The U.S & many other countries, Unfortunately Cambodia does not have a Sex offender register in place at this time from my knowledge.

https://childprotectionunit.org/

The US State Department has begun revoking the passports of registered child sex offenders. The change has been made in order to comply with a law passed last year, the International Megan’s Law. Under the new law, registered sex offenders who have been convicted of an offense against a minor will no longer be able to use their current passports. Instead, they will have to apply for new sex offender passports that identify them as registered child sex offenders. The new passports will have a statement printed on the inside back cover that reads, “The bearer was convicted of a sex offense against a minor, and is a covered sex offender pursuant to 22 United States Code Section 212b(c)(l).”

The new law will not limit the ability of registered child sex offenders to leave the country. However, the identifying marker in the new passports is very likely to prevent affected people from being allowed to enter other countries. The only convicted sex offenders in the United States who are not able to get passports at all are people who have been convicted of sex tourism crimes. (Most convicted felons are able to get normal passports in the United States. The main exception is people who have been convicted of international drug trafficking.)

The goal of the change is to help curb child exploitation overseas. It is a noble and worthy goal, but it is unclear just how much effect the law will have on children abroad.

https://www.swiftpassportservices.com/b ... offenders/

Currently, registered sex offenders are prohibited from traveling to any of the following countries:

China
The United Kingdom
Australia
Thailand
Canada
Russia
Japan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic