American child sex offender Caven Wayne Chaudoin is really interested in moving to Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: American child sex offender Caven Wayne Chaudoin is really interested in moving to Siem Reap

Post by xandreu »

yong wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:31 am Come on guys Cavern could have repented. Everyone deserves a second chance moreover this is a season of giving of love and of peace.
Assuming you're not trolling / being deliberately controversial, there is no 'cure' for paedophilia. I accept that there may be many paeophiles who don't act on their urges, but once someone has been convicted, firstly, it is very unlikely to have been their first offence -just the first offence they were caught for - and secondly, they have themselves demonstrated that they are unable to control their urges, and should, if not be locked up out of harms way for the rest of their lives, be carefully monitored and definitely not be allowed to 'hide' in a country which doesn't have the means to monitor them in the way they would be monitored back in their home country.

I'm largely in favour of giving people a second chance for some crimes, but not crimes which involve urges that people have proven they are unable to control. Especially when their victims are defenceless, innocent children.

The more I typed that, the more I realised you must be trolling, but I've typed it now, so may as well...
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American child sex offender Caven Wayne Chaudoin is really interested in moving to Siem Reap

Post by John Bingham »

yong wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:31 am Come on guys Cavern could have repented. Everyone deserves a second chance moreover this is a season of giving of love and of peace.
An article in the May 23, 1991 San Bernardino County Sun reported that Chaudoin, then 30 years old, was recently arrested for soliciting oral sex from a 15 year old undercover police explorer.

His criminal records available online also state that he was convicted in 1995 (at age 34 or 35) of "LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH A CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE BY FORCE OR FEAR" and "ORAL COPULATION WITH A MINOR UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE OR BY FORCE OR FEAR."
Seems like he blew his second chance.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

The punishment for such offenders should be much higher so there would be less ex-perpetrators on the streets we need to worry about. If they continue chasing kids after beeing released they should be put away forever. Second chance is last chance.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

How did this sicko work enough to even draw social security?
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

He shouldn't even be able to get on an aircraft , don't want the prick here we have enough shady bastards here giving expats a bad name.
Good job exposing him OP surly he can be added to the Cambodian immigration blacklist ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

If anyone wants to donate $50-$200 to Immigration it's possible to get him put on a blacklist.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Apparently the procedure is that someone with a good reputation and credentials can go to immigration and show some evidence that a certain individual is an undesirable or persona non grata and then donate some funds. I'll do it myself but I don't have a huge amount spare at the moment. It's worth it when you find out that some creep came thousands of miles only to be refused entry and sent packing.
Rockman Lover
Expatriate

Post by Rockman Lover »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:25 pm
PaaSwaa wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:49 pm
Oh dear
I think/hope you are joking, because those kids don't get a second chance. :evil:

@gav Did you out the guy as a child sex offender on the Siem Reap Fb page like you did here to scare him off ? True that he may go elsewhere, but Cambodia does not need more perverts.
Yes and he responded by starting a new thread saying his intentions in moving to Cambodia are pure and not child molestation related.

The Chaudoin threads may have all been deleted by him or the mods though. They seem to be gone now.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

xandreu wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:12 pm
Assuming you're not trolling / being deliberately controversial, there is no 'cure' for paedophilia. I accept that there may be many paeophiles who don't act on their urges, but once someone has been convicted, firstly, it is very unlikely to have been their first offence -just the first offence they were caught for - and secondly, they have themselves demonstrated that they are unable to control their urges, and should, if not be locked up out of harms way for the rest of their lives, be carefully monitored and definitely not be allowed to 'hide' in a country which doesn't have the means to monitor them in the way they would be monitored back in their home country.

I'm largely in favour of giving people a second chance for some crimes, but not crimes which involve urges that people have proven they are unable to control. Especially when their victims are defenceless, innocent children.

The more I typed that, the more I realised you must be trolling, but I've typed it now, so may as well...
There might not be cure per se, but for example in the Nordic countries where the prison system tries to rehabilitate instead of punish the prisoners, recidivism rates for those convicted for paedophilia and sexual crimes in general are much lower when comparing to other crimes.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Standing up for a nonce? :wtf: :fuckyou:
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic