Manhunt After Foreigner Shot Dead in Phnom Penh (UPDATE:Englishman Arrested)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Manhunt After Foreigner Shot Dead in Phnom Penh (UPDATE:Englishman Arrested)

Post by violet »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:38 am More information on the victim of the shooting:
The British man was not the only one with a list of "aka" false names: the Serb victim, DACKOVI STRAHIJAI, has been identified as Strahinja Dackovic.

The victim was a Serbian man living in Cambodia under the assumed name of DACKOVI STRAHIJAI. He may have changed names several times over the years, but originally, he was called Strahinja Dackovic and his family comes from Brus in southern Serbia.
That’s as fake a name as using Thyda Chhan rather than Chhan Tyda
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Manhunt After Foreigner Shot Dead in Phnom Penh (UPDATE:Englishman Arrested)

Post by violet »

Never understood how posing with a gun like that shows someone as tough - reeks of insecurity that needs something to boost the ego to me
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Manhunt After Foreigner Shot Dead in Phnom Penh Street

Post by Soriya »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:17 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:43 am
canucklhead wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:55 pm Any updates?
UPDATE: English Gunman Arrested for Execution Killing

According to sources at the scene, before the incident, the victim was standing outside the condo entrance alone when suddenly,a group of men drove up in a white Land Rover, stopped near the victim, and one of the men fired three shots at the victim.
He looks like a grass to me. Expect further arrests...

Ponces, poofs and grasses always have moustaches
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Soriya wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:43 am
Ponces, poofs and grasses
I love incomprehensible slang.

Anyone care to decipher the proceeding limey drivel?
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

violet wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:51 am Never understood how posing with a gun like that shows someone as tough - reeks of insecurity that needs something to boost the ego to me
It's incredible isn't it, but I think the pic with him holding the money is even worse, could be 5 dollars for all I know, but in his brain, taking that picture is the ultimate turn on for a woman. I guess there must be a couple of women who think it's hot, I've never met one though and don't want to. If I was a chick, I'd prefer comedy, get some monopoly money or a handful of coins and try and look like a gangster, women love funny men in my opinion.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:17 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:43 am
canucklhead wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:55 pm Any updates?
UPDATE: English Gunman Arrested for Execution Killing

According to sources at the scene, before the incident, the victim was standing outside the condo entrance alone when suddenly,a group of men drove up in a white Land Rover, stopped near the victim, and one of the men fired three shots at the victim.
He looks like a grass to me. Expect further arrests...

Ponces, poofs and grasses always have moustaches
This guy's picture should be in the dictionary next to Weasel.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Brody wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:30 am

It’s hardly drivel, old chap, nor incomprehensible if fairly well travelled..

But try Pimp, Queer and Snitch
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:15 am
Brody wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:30 am

It’s hardly drivel, old chap, nor incomprehensible if fairly well travelled..

But try Pimp, Queer and Snitch
I was just 'taking the piss... mate'

and I'm plenty well-traveled thanks. :thumb:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Me too…
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:38 am More information on the victim of the shooting:
The British man was not the only one with a list of "aka" false names: the Serb victim, DACKOVI STRAHIJAI, has been identified as Strahinja Dackovic.
Strahinja Dackovic from his FB page

The victim was a Serbian man living in Cambodia under the assumed name of DACKOVI STRAHIJAI. He may have changed names several times over the years, but originally, he was called Strahinja Dackovic and his family comes from Brus in southern Serbia. He first moved to Kosovo, then he went to live in Macedonia, and from there he went to Germany.
From Germany, Dackovic moved to Turkey, and then later, he arrived in Thailand, and then went on to live in Cambodia, where he developed a business and allegedly ran a bar.
ImageImage
If you make a practice of using assumed names, you should not be on Facebook.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic