I am back!!!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: I am back!!!

Post by hanno »

I went to Harry’s tonight and it was pretty sad. Maybe just after Christmas but there were three foreigners looking sad, plus me. Staff were super friendly though.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

That’s a shame. Yesterday, Harry’s was pretty busy. We went to the province today, back towards the weekend if you’re up for a beer and hello?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

hanno wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:12 pm I went to Harry’s tonight and it was pretty sad. Maybe just after Christmas but there were three foreigners looking sad, plus me. Staff were super friendly though.
It's always like that. The premises are fine, the food is excellent and the staff are great but it seems to attract the most miserable patrons I've ever encountered in Phnom Penh. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:55 pm
hanno wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:12 pm I went to Harry’s tonight and it was pretty sad. Maybe just after Christmas but there were three foreigners looking sad, plus me. Staff were super friendly though.
It's always like that. The premises are fine, the food is excellent and the staff are great but it seems to attract the most miserable patrons I've ever encountered in Phnom Penh. 8-)
Its probably those misarable patrons that drive others away.
work is for people who cant find truffles
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:24 pm That’s a shame. Yesterday, Harry’s was pretty busy. We went to the province today, back towards the weekend if you’re up for a beer and hello?
Sure, anytime except the 31st as it will be pretty busy.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:55 pm
OK, so it wasn't just me then.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

There is massive overcapacity in PP's entertainment industry. I went to st 244 on Xmas Eve (Saturday night) at 8pm and the entire street was very quiet.
In Craft they had live music from a barang duo that was worthy of a much bigger venue. The interior was good quality seating and tables, an excellent range of beers. Food available.
And what did they get? A couple of barangs chain-smoking cigarettes and drinking cans of the cheapest beer.

Any place can be busy on an occasional basis but mostly they struggle.

One more to add - Bouchon on 174. They have regular live music and it's a lovely setting, being a complete old style villa.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:38 am
One more to add - Bouchon on 174. They have regular live music and it's a lovely setting, being a complete old style villa.
Last time I was there they had a "DJ" (a foreign woman twiddling knobs). It was really loud and annoying so I left the dinner early.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I went to Larry’s tonight.

The good: the beer was ice cold, portion was huge, the music was OK.

The not so good: the young lady serving me food and drink was miserable, made me feel like I had dog shit on the soles of my shoes. The gravy with the schnitzel(! Gravy with a schnitzel is a sin all in itself) was absolutely awful and the oil the french fries were done in needs changing.

I saw Garage is still around but it was empty so I did not feel like going.

I think I have to try Palace Lane soon.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:24 pm That’s a shame. Yesterday, Harry’s was pretty busy. We went to the province today, back towards the weekend if you’re up for a beer and hello?
I was at harrys Pattaya 24-25-26 and today, full on 24 and 25 but yesterday 26 not really busy and this morning pretty empty. Just crossed Koh Kong border after a bunch of paperwork for my car, but i am in !!
Just had my first khmer dinner with an nice Anchor overhere in weeks !! Tomorrow back "home" in PP at the real Harrys, hahaha (its a Joke, the one who opened PPs Harrys is the same as runs Pattayas, and he will come to visit (or cash-in) in 2 weeks he told me !! Sjjookaamooiii
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic