She is just better than me at some things.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

She is just better than me at some things.

Post by Yobbo »

Tested positive to corona on Tuesday morning (I'm in Oz).
Has hit me hard, chills, sweats, fatigue, clogged head but just been riding it out with plenty of rest.
My little friend in Cam now has a cough, fatigue & has just taken a tuktuk to the hospital, better to be safe than sorry.
Quite coincidental & I'm being denied the right to wallow in sympathy :cry:
Anyway the 1st thing the doctor noted was the weather :unknown:
They have put her on a drip & haven't tested for corona. She may as well stayed home & drank plenty of water.
Yes I've read plenty of stories on here about the incompetency of the medical system but this kind of diagnosis doesn't get past step one. Looks like the village witch doctor may be better qualified!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: She is just better than me at some things.

Post by Kammekor »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:24 pm
They have put her on a drip & haven't tested for corona. She may as well stayed home & drank plenty of water.
It's true, but she probably wouldn't have done it. Cambodians for some reason do not drink a lot of water, even when recommended. And they have full faith in the drip.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:31 pm
It's true, but she probably wouldn't have done it. Cambodians for some reason do not drink a lot of water, even when recommended. And they have full faith in the drip.
This is true, as I understand water (especially cold) makes you fat thus not heavily consumed.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:24 pm Tested positive to corona on Tuesday morning (I'm in Oz).
Has hit me hard, chills, sweats, fatigue, clogged head but just been riding it out with plenty of rest.
My little friend in Cam now has a cough, fatigue & has just taken a tuktuk to the hospital, better to be safe than sorry.
Yes I've read plenty of stories on here about the incompetency of the medical system but this kind of diagnosis doesn't get past step one. Looks like the village witch doctor may be better qualified!
Yeah, my eldest kid dragged home some lurgy from school a few weeks back which was flu/rona like

First all the kids got it, then the missus, then me

Chills, sweats, fatigue, clogged head for 4 days and then clogged head cough for a week more after

Think it's the typical windy season lurgy - didn't bother with testing anything and it got better - everybody seemed to have something similar around the place
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Ultimately it's good to build up some natural immunity. The last time I had dinner with a Covid "sufferer", I didn't even get any symptoms anymore myself. The deadly virus seems to be running out of steam, slowly but surely, as immunity builds up.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:19 pm
Yobbo wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:24 pm Tested positive to corona on Tuesday morning (I'm in Oz).
Yeah, my eldest kid dragged home some lurgy from school a few weeks back which was flu/rona like

Chills, sweats, fatigue, clogged head for 4 days and then clogged head cough for a week more after

Think it's the typical windy season lurgy - didn't bother with testing anything and it got better - everybody seemed to have something similar around the place
Feeling a bit lethargic on Monday & got the chills that night. I have test kits at home so tested myself in the morning.
I just hope I didn't give it to anybody else.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:34 pm
Feeling a bit lethargic on Monday & got the chills that night. I have test kits at home so tested myself in the morning.
No point worrying any more than when one has a flu or a cold. It's endemic now and will be here forever, a seasonal illness

I remember working agency stuff in London years ago for extra cash in the run up to xmas. I reckon 95% of all wait staff and all the kitchen staff would have at least one dose of cold or flu each, snots and gobs going all over everybody's food and plates - but the show must go on

Great times
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:34 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:19 pm

I found after the cold chills taking a couple of panadols half hour later I got hot sweets, so the panadols must be doing something.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Really?
It’s one thing that I’ve noticed to the contrary among my lot. I’m frequently criticized for not drinking enough. (Obviously, I point out the obvious error in their thinking, to which I’m reminded that G&T is not in the spirit…)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:11 pm
Really?
It’s one thing that I’ve noticed to the contrary among my lot. I’m frequently criticized for not drinking enough. (Obviously, I point out the obvious error in their thinking, to which I’m reminded that G&T is not in the spirit…)
Assuming your question isn't a rhetoric one... Yes, really. I guess your lot are not the average, mainstream Cambodians.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic