Serial killer The Serpent, Charles Sobhraj, to be freed from Nepal jail

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Serial killer The Serpent, Charles Sobhraj, to be freed from Nepal jail

Post by phuketrichard »

on his way back to France to enjoy the rest of his life, while many never got that chance

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Looks like the girl sitting next to him just found out who he is.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

He looks good for his age and after having spent 19 years in a Nepalese prison.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Alex wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:33 pm He looks good for his age and after having spent 19 years in a Nepalese prison.
Knowing more than a few who spent time in Dillibazar in Kathmandu back in the 80-90's
outside of the fact you cant just walk out, with $$, its not as bad as many in the west
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:37 pm
Alex wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:33 pm He looks good for his age and after having spent 19 years in a Nepalese prison.
Knowing more than a few who spent time in Dillibazar in Kathmandu back in the 80-90's
outside of the fact you cant just walk out, with $$, its not as bad as many in the west
Yep, as you say, doing time in Nepal can be ok with $$, and the proof is that Sobhraj looks almost indecently healthy after his prison stay.
But where did that money come from ? Who paid for his early release ? (It was not for free.)

It would be extremely sick (and sickening), if, as seems likely, that Sobhraj has been paying for a luxury prison stay in Nepal and a get-out-of-jail-card with the money that he stole from his murdered victims. I suppose that the Nepalese didn't care where the money came from, but I hope that the French authorities will at least check out his finances and impound his bloody money.
=@
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:12 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:37 pm
Yep, as you say, doing time in Nepal can be ok with $$, and the proof is that Sobhraj looks almost indecently healthy after his prison stay.
But where did that money come from ? Who paid for his early release ? (It was not for free.)

It would be extremely sick (and sickening), if, as seems likely, that Sobhraj has been paying for a luxury prison stay in Nepal and a get-out-of-jail-card with the money that he stole from his murdered victims. I suppose that the Nepalese didn't care where the money came from, but I hope that the French authorities will at least check out his finances and impound his bloody money.
=@
I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read that he was paid for either interviews in one of the books or the TV series. Will try to find the article but maybe someone knows here.
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

It has been reported he got 5 million for the film rights to his life story
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Anyone know what happens to him when he gets back to France?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

duck duck search
how much is he worth
.....In fact, he allegedly even sold the rights for a movie based on his life for over $15 million, which would now be equivalent to over $20 million. Moreover, even though he is currently behind bars in a Nepalese prison, he still agrees to speak to the media if he’s paid handsomely for it. In short, the serial killer continues to live a lavish life, just within four walls.

Charles Sobhraj Net Worth
Charles Sobhraj’s net worth is estimated to be close to $1 million. After all, even though he accumulated a lot of money through his frauds, he managed to spend most of it within a short period of time, whether to sustain his extravagant lifestyle or while gambling. Furthermore, as Charles himself has never been straightforward about how much he earned and when, it’s almost impossible to determine his exact net worth.
https://thecinemaholic.com/what-is-char ... net-worth/

Charles Sobhraj exclusive interview: ‘I am going straight back to France to my family… I hope to live for many years to come’
With the master of guile set to take his flight to freedom at age 78, the world may finally get to hear from the man himself – the chronicles, claims and conspiracy theories that make up Charles Sobhraj. Here are excerpts from Charles Sobhraj's interview with The Indian Express.
https://indianexpress.com/article/expre ... w-8340434/
:facepalm:
I see a new book deal on the horizon
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

siliconlife wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:42 pm Anyone know what happens to him when he gets back to France?
Nothing. He lived there freely before he returned to Nepal and got locked up. Maybe it was mentioned before but he used to charge $10,000 for interviews last time he was in Paris.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic