Where can someone go to have a drug test?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Where can someone go to have a drug test?

Post by pootylicious »

A co worker has agreed to be tested for benzos and opiates after I told him that I suspect his doctors are given him medications he doesn't need, any one know where he should go have a sample taken? Here or in Bangkok? He called in sick again this morning, the stuff should be fresh and easily detected. Not that I'm against self-medicating but the guy's been screwing up for months.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Where can someone go to have a drug test?

Post by Bluenose »

The doctor our company has on retainer works out of Metro Polyclinic in St 608, they previously said they can test for illegal drugs so they may be able to assist
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

For overseas security contracts I am often required to undergo extensive pre-deployment drug screening, the only place in PP that can test for everything required as part of that screening is Royal Phnom Penh Hospital, hope this helps.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Off topic, kind of.

Could a doctor hypothetically report you to the police for illegal drugs coming up? Are there any stories of a doctor demanding money for them to stay quiet?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I got tests done through International SOS on St 208 once
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

Biomed or Paramed can test for benzos.
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pootylicious »

thx guys i'll update results. guy tells me that when you go to the doctor here, all you do is describe your symptoms, the doc pours out a variety of pills for you. no prescription, or description. all he's sure about is Paracetamol since the box art is big enough for him to read from across the counter.

whenever he catches a cold he told me he goes to the clinic to 'take a serum'.
im like 'what, you drink a super soldier serum?'
hes says 'a hah hah no bong its injection, with the plastic bag hang up'

what the hell !! do you need an IV for, if you catch a cold ?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

In Cambodia, an IV cures everything. Or, everything that Tiger Balm can't cure.

Many Khmer are disappointed if they come away from the docs without an IV.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

pootylicious wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:32 pm thx guys i'll update results.
Why are you so on this dude's case?
Why are you posting about it?

I'm just curious, from a libertarian standpoint.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

pootylicious wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:32 pm thx guys i'll update results. guy tells me that when you go to the doctor here, all you do is describe your symptoms, the doc pours out a variety of pills for you. no prescription, or description. all he's sure about is Paracetamol since the box art is big enough for him to read from across the counter.
There's no strong stuff in there. Generally it's vitamins and some broad spectrum antibiotic.
pootylicious wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:32 pm whenever he catches a cold he told me he goes to the clinic to 'take a serum'.
im like 'what, you drink a super soldier serum?'
hes says 'a hah hah no bong its injection, with the plastic bag hang up'
No red flag. More common than you'd think. Generally just boasting fluid & sugar levels in the body.
pootylicious wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:32 pm what the hell !! do you need an IV for, if you catch a cold ?
Yes. Some do.

Oh, I forgot. Pharmacies in Cambodia are shops selling medicines.
Clinics in Cambodia are medical enterprises selling medicines and treatments.
They generally have no commitment to your health but just doing their trades.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic