That Awkward Moment

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

That Awkward Moment

Post by rozzieoz »

When you are forced out of your apartment at unbelievably short notice, find a place that seems perfect for your needs, experience incredible relief when you agree on a rental price with the landlord, seal the deal and go to walk out the door, with such hope and joy in your heart.......

And then your new neighbour walks out his apartment and you realise it's someone who loves having a dig at you on CEO.

Which reminded me - I forgot to ask the landlord where I can park my high horse.
Last edited by rozzieoz on Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: That Awkward Moment

Post by Freightdog »

British TV* especially is littered with sitcoms on such alliances and social awkwardness.
I’m sure you’ll get along like a house on fire.

Commiserations, btw.

*in the brave new world, it still means television
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:05 am When you are forced out of your apartment at unbelievably short notice, find a place that seems perfect for your needs, experience incredible relief when you agree on a rental price with the landlord, seal the deal and go to walk out the door, with such hope and joy in your heart.......

And then your new neighbour walks out his apartment and you realise it's someone who loves having a dig at you on CEO.

Which reminded me - I forgot to ask the landlord where I can park my high horse.
Just think how he feels
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Oh no, I thought that was a bad dream.

There goes the neighbourhood...
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Doc67 wrote:Oh no, I thought that was a bad dream.

Hey neighbour, I hear you make a good curry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:52 am
Doc67 wrote:Oh no, I thought that was a bad dream.

Hey neighbour, I hear you make a good curry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is true, but on today's menu is tandoori chicken in my air fryer.

Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:05 am When you are forced out of your apartment at unbelievably short notice, find a place that seems perfect for your needs, experience incredible relief when you agree on a rental price with the landlord, seal the deal and go to walk out the door, with such hope and joy in your heart.......

This would make a great Seinfeld episode or two.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Cooldude wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:02 pm

This would make a great Seinfeld episode or two.
Newman!! :x
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I can understand how disappointing and frustrating it would be to find out that your new neighbor is someone who has been causing problems for you on the forum. It can be hard to deal with difficult neighbors, especially when you have just moved into a new place and are trying to make a fresh start.

However, it's important to try to keep an open mind and not let this one person ruin your overall experience in your new home. Try to focus on the positive aspects of your new apartment and the things that made it seem like a good fit for your needs. It might also be helpful to set some boundaries and try to minimize interactions with this individual, at least until you have a better sense of how to handle the situation.

Remember that you have the right to feel safe and respected in your own home, and it's okay to take steps to protect yourself if you feel uncomfortable or threatened by your neighbor's behavior. You might want to consider speaking with the landlord or management company about your concerns, or seeking support from friends, family, or a professional counselor if you need additional help dealing with the situation.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

for full disclosure i ran your OP through chatGPT and asked it to write a short response

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic