That Awkward Moment

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: That Awkward Moment

Post by newkidontheblock »

Never got to polyamory part.

On the last visit to Phnom Penh, I was going to introduce myself and missus to her. And then there was the cigarette dangling from her mouth. Her clothes smelled strongly of smoke.

Missus pulled me back and we kept silent and watched the whirlwind that is Rozzieoz at work.

Glad she’s stopped smoking.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:50 pm Never got to polyamory part.

On the last visit to Phnom Penh, I was going to introduce myself and missus to her. And then there was the cigarette dangling from her mouth. Her clothes smelled strongly of smoke.

Missus pulled me back and we kept silent and watched the whirlwind that is Rozzieoz at work.

How close did you actually get to Roz? seems a bit creepy...

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: And then there was the cigarette dangling from her mouth.
That just put me in mind of this hero

Last edited by Freightdog on Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

I think that the whole idea of polyamory is only for those who are NOT really committed to being with one person ie. Married. It is just too fraught with the danger of one, both or all parties being hurt in the end. And trust me I've mistakenly tried it all, in more than one relationship before and after I met and married my wife. Somehow we're still married after 35 years albeit with many battle scars for both of us.

Finally after all these years we're content to just be with each other, or just too exhausted for any more experiments in "free and open" shit.

It may be okay for the rare few who are uniquely and bizarrely capable of being totally committed to their partner, but able to let each other "wander". But I think from experience, Nada, doesn't work.

Unfortunately my wife and I both came from from unstable backgrounds that contributed to the need to always be looking for something to really make us happy, when all the while that something was the person you loved right beside you.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

IraHayes wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:17 pm Image
Almost but it’s probably men causing the drama

(keeping with the stereotype theme)
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:50 pm Never got to polyamory part.

Just sitting back watching Roz but not talking to her, don’t mind me

Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

If we can get Jenny to move into the same building things might become really entertaining.

I will buy the popcorn!
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Polyamory - an excuse to have an open relationship and to fuck any willing person(s) that you are attracted to.

Real polyamory seems to be for the few who want to commit to more than one lover and keep a tight unit. (It is the cousin of polygamy) Few probably qualify and for those that don’t - they are just swingers or sluts and as long as they are not being deceitful with each other that’s their choice but let’s not whitewash it with fancy words.

I hope not to offend - this is just my opinion - of course.
Stay classy na
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Isnt polyamory just a euphemism for being a slapper going out with a beta male twat?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic