That Awkward Moment

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: That Awkward Moment

Post by David Gordon »

Neighbor’s are best once the niceties and small talk have failed and we ghost each other. Then we can come and go and don’t feel obligated anymore to keep up the pleasantries. Works for me.
Stay classy na
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:59 pm ... or just fucking ignore each other the few times you come across each other :-)
I had to read that twice.

What happens at home, stays at home.

If you don't get along, I might invest in popcorn machines.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Polyamory specifically refers to people who have multiple romantic relationships at the same time. It does not mean any type of open relationship that may include more casual sexual partners. In many polyamorous relationships, each partner is aware of the other ones.Jun 29, 2021

https://www.webmd.com/sex/what-is-polyamory

So does this mean that Doc is also at risk? Or no.
I think he's trying to work his way into your heart.

And maybe Violet can find it in her heart to join.

Resistance is futile!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Polyamory? Isn't that just a modern term for "triangle (insert shape) of lust"?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:15 am Polyamory? Isn't that just a modern term for "triangle (insert shape) of lust"?
Isn't the "triangle of lust" an old fashioned term to call that specific place down there ?
That"s probably how i would call it during the 19th century.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

No. It has nothing to do with specific body parts There is a while dynamic that you have overlooked.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Polyamory (from Ancient Greek πολλοί (polloí) 'many', and Latin amor 'love') is the practice of, or desire for, romantic relationships with more than one partner at the same time, with the informed consent of all partners involved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamo ... =Polyamory
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

sammycooke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:29 pm So does this mean that Doc is also at risk? Or no.
I think he's trying to work his way into your heart.
I am completely and utterly single at the moment and couldn't be happier.
Rest assured, Doc is quite safe! haha
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

sammycooke wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:29 am Polyamory (from Ancient Greek πολλοί (polloí) 'many', and Latin amor 'love') is the practice of, or desire for, romantic relationships with more than one partner at the same time, with the informed consent of all partners involved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamo ... =Polyamory
To me, it's the capability to love more than one person at a time.
In my opinion, it is very unrealistic to expect one person to be your absolute everything.

What if I don't like going to movies? Does that mean you can never go and see a movie??
NO! It means you can enjoy a movie with someone else and then come home and tell me all about it.

What if I don't like shopping? Does that mean you can never enjoy shopping with a partner again?
NO! It means you can enjoy the shopping experience with someone else and bring me back something cute.

If I love someone, I never want them to feel trapped. I want them to feel empowered and free.
I offer what I have to give and if that's not enough, they are welcome to go and find those "missing pieces" elsewhere. Or even if it is enough, don't ever close off your heart to love. Why would you?? There's enough love to go around for everyone.

I don't see jealousy as a positive emotion - it's destructive and completely unfun.
If I love someone and I see them having fun, even if it's not with me, it makes me feel warm inside to know that they are happy, even if I am not the one making them smile in that exact moment.

That's what polyamory means to me.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic