Shopping items for xmas

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Shopping items for xmas

Post by Soriya »

Looking to buy decent mint sauce and beef gravy, for Brits in the know, Bisto granules would be my preferred choice, but other brands i am open too, any one by any chance know where i could buy? Have looked in a few marts but no luck. Any help appreciated, thxs.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Shopping items for xmas

Post by cabron »

Soriya wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:12 pm Looking to buy decent mint sauce and beef gravy, for Brits in the know, Bisto granules would be my preferred choice, but other brands i am open too, any one by any chance know where i could buy? Have looked in a few marts but no luck. Any help appreciated, thxs.
Super Duper on St.63 may have.
Boredom is like a shroud
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Super Duper usually has Mint Sauce & Jelly, and gravy mix.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Bisto gravy is available in Super duper as is Gravox. Don't go for mint jelly (inferior and too sweet), look for real mint sauce..however you'll have to try all supermarkets to find it..Superduper, Lucky, Thai Hout, etc. Don't forget Cranberry sauce too. Good luck.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I have only ever seen mint sauce in one shop in PP on a regular basis (based on 5 years of keeping a close eye out for the stuff). That is Veggys on street 240 by the junction of street 19. They get 6 in stock and it sells out in a week. Then you have to wait for 4-8 weeks for replenishment. The brand is Duerr's who are based in Manchester UK. It is better than Colemans Classic mint sauce!

There is mint jelly in lots of places but that's not the same thing.

As for Bisto, I saw it once in Lucky's premium in exchange mall and bought a few tubs. Never seen it since but it's just beef stock and cornflour so you can make a better gravy yourself.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Anyone seen this for sale?

cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:33 am
As for Bisto, I saw it once in Lucky's premium in exchange mall and bought a few tubs. Never seen it since but it's just beef stock and cornflour so you can make a better gravy yourself.
Same goes for mint sauce, it's just mint, vinegar and sugar. Can get stacks of mint for less than a dollar
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Soriya wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:12 pm Looking to buy decent mint sauce and beef gravy, for Brits in the know, Bisto granules would be my preferred choice, but other brands i am open too, any one by any chance know where i could buy? Have looked in a few marts but no luck. Any help appreciated, thxs.
Lucky at the Center Point Center have McCormick beef gravy (powder) they use to have more English products, now replaced by Chinese good for obvious reason.
Boredom is like a shroud
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:34 pm Anyone seen this for sale?

That's grandma stuff mate. Want me to bring a bottle from the Netherlands?
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

As other comments have suggested there is fresh mint available.

Buy some mint, chop it up and add sugar (more if you like it sweet) and vinegar (more if you like it) to your taste. If it is too thick, add some water. If it is too dense add some chopped mint. Nohting more easy than that. You will love your homemade.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic