Shopping items for xmas

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Shopping items for xmas

Post by Doc67 »

Soriya wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:49 am
cabron wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:13 pm
Soriya wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:12 pm Looking to buy decent mint sauce and beef gravy, for Brits in the know, Bisto granules would be my preferred choice, but other brands i am open too, any one by any chance know where i could buy? Have looked in a few marts but no luck. Any help appreciated, thxs.
Today at Super Duper ( st. 200 corner st.63) I saw Gravox traditional beef gravy in can they also have Maggi powder base beef gravy.
Don't bother going to Thai Huot (on Monivong) nor Bayon Super market on Russian blvd, I was there today they told me there is no stock.
I grabbed gravox from there yesterday, thxs
There is ONE jar of mint sauce in Veggys at the moment - I left it there for you! Be quick!

(shelves on the left as you walk in, half way, middle shelf.)

pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:46 pm
Soriya wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:12 pm Looking to buy decent mint sauce and beef gravy, for Brits in the know, Bisto granules would be my preferred choice, but other brands i am open too, any one by any chance know where i could buy? Have looked in a few marts but no luck. Any help appreciated, thxs.
Today at Super Duper ( st. 200 corner st.63) I saw Gravox traditional beef gravy in can they also have Maggi powder base beef gravy.
Don't bother going to Thai Huot (on Monivong) nor Bayon Super market on Russian blvd, I was there today they told me there is no stock.
There is ONE jar of mint sauce in Veggys at the moment - I left it there for you! Be quick!

you coulda been a real cool guy , bought it and list it here under the subject “ donations “

or you coulda bought it . i could buy it from you , and list it here under “donations “
for some lucky bass turd

🤦🏽‍♀️😉😉😉
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

U should have brought it and swapped it for beer 🍺

Ha

Iv never seen that brand in the uk
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Londonmail wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:27 pm U should have brought it and swapped it for beer 🍺

Ha

Iv never seen that brand in the uk
Me neither, looks a bit mancy to me
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Better than Coleman the man says.....
That ain't hard in my opinion...

Saying that out if the jar most them are a bit shite... I remeber my mum mixing it with something... mind your her roasts was always chusty! Might have to make the drive on the 25th come to think of it :) only about 600 miles round trip :)
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Brought the gravox on saturday, tried it last night, rubbish, not a patch on Bisto
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Yep it is shite; my mum always used to throw in a Bisto tub each Xmas with stuff for my son. Half a tub left for this year & will need a resupply!
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Make the gravy yourself....

Heat some oil, fry off some onion, spring onion garlic and ginger you can add any thing else you like...

Until its browned.

Remove it.

Add plain flour cook that for about 30 mins.

That would be your base...... then when u want to make the actual gravy... ad some of this to little oil in a pot. Add water from the veg you just cooked, and any meat juices and then salt and pepper to taste...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Soriya wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:57 am Brought the gravox on saturday, tried it last night, rubbish, not a patch on Bisto
This was spotted today at Lucky's Premium in Exchange mall by one of our members, so go and fill ya boots boys!

Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

pissontheroof wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:44 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:46 pm

you coulda been a real cool guy , bought it and list it here under the subject “ donations “

or you coulda bought it . i could buy it from you , and list it here under “donations “
for some lucky bass turd

🤦🏽‍♀️😉😉😉
Bottles of Mint Sauce in Smile marts. $2.44
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic