ChatGPT - Amazing new AI

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

ChatGPT - Amazing new AI

Post by Username Taken »

I'm putting this in General Chatter even though it's a Techie type of subject. Even you can find some use for this amazing new AI bot.

For the moment it is free to use. You just need to create an account or log in using your Gmail credentials.
It's only been available for about 7 days now, but lots of people are reporting use cases on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ChatGPT

You can see some other examples on their blog page here > https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

It's not just for Tech-heads. This will be useful for anyone, even teachers. Some peeps are suggesting that it could make Google obsolete as it has the answer to just about anything that you can throw at it.

It can write emails, letters, notes, articles, marketing stuff, and anything else you need written.
It can find errors in your code. Which is why I started this post. Because it amazed me.

I had been fiddling with a small piece of HTML & CSS which worked but wasn't displaying as I wanted. So, I asked ChatGPT.
ChatGPT said to "add this piece of CSS, that should fix it".
So, I did, and it did!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: ChatGPT - Amazing new AI

Post by BklynBoy »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:52 am I'm putting this in General Chatter even though it's a Techie type of subject. Even you can find some use for this amazing new AI bot.

For the moment it is free to use. You just need to create an account or log in using your Gmail credentials.
It's only been available for about 7 days now, but lots of people are reporting use cases on Youtube.

You can see some other examples on their blog page here > https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

It's not just for Tech-heads. This will be useful for anyone, even teachers. Some peeps are suggesting that it could make Google obsolete as it has the answer to just about anything that you can throw at it.

It can write emails, letters, notes, articles, marketing stuff, and anything else you need written.
It can find errors in your code. Which is why I started this post. Because it amazed me.

I had been fiddling with a small piece of HTML & CSS which worked but wasn't displaying as I wanted. So, I asked ChatGPT.
So, I did, and it did!

Wow. A friend of mine who is currently in Cambodia asked me if I can create an email addy and sign up for him. He said he couldnt access the site in Cambodia.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

At what point will ChatGTP created content become indistinguishable from what people produce??

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

Why Power Tools are Racist
and article created by ChatGTP

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjbVMuOX0AE ... name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjbVNrQX0AI ... ame=medium
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Hmmm....could you teach it to write CVs?
Asking for a friend.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:57 pm Hmmm....could you teach it to write CVs?
Asking for a friend.
We had this (type of) discussion just a few days ago.

I’m of the opinion that while it appears to a casual observer to be pretty good, it may be little more than plagiarism rephrased. There is no originality of thought; More a facsimile of snatches of opinion, drawn from a huge internet library of Theses, faeces and other contributions.
Just the same as if a mediocre student copied and rephrased an essay authored by someone who had actually done the research and creative writing.

And! I also hope so.
Otherwise, we may very quickly bring about the end of human progress* if a student, middle manager or anyone else can resort to typing in to Google a request for a homework essay.

At least until technology fails and we have to start thinking for ourselves again.
I feel shades of Wells’ Morlocks and Eloi.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:57 pm Hmmm....could you teach it to write CVs?
Asking for a friend.
It will cost you nothing to give it a try.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:52 am I'm putting this in General Chatter even though it's a Techie type of subject. Even you can find some use for this amazing new AI bot.

So, I did, and it did!
Is this how you found the Khao Kha Moo at NagaWorld for me?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Slight drift, but related-
If this is reality, now, maybe Google should explain why translate so frequently gets it’s translations mixed up.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:36 pm Slight drift, but related-
If this is reality, now, maybe Google should explain why translate so frequently gets it’s translations mixed up.
Watch out FD, I hear they are developing technology that will fly an aircraft automatically, perfectly and for free.

Wait a minute...
Spoiler:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:50 pm
Freightdog wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:36 pm Slight drift, but related-
Watch out FD, I hear they are developing technology that will fly an aircraft automatically, perfectly and for free.

Wait a minute...
Spoiler:
I look so young!

Let’s take it to its nth degree-

We won’t need pilots to fly the planes that we don’t need, because there will be no humans wanting (or affording) to go anywhere when we can have virtual holidays and mcDonalds can do a fair khao Kha mu delivered to your very own robot built, AI designed, solar powered Smart car-phone-orgasmatron window at the virtual drive-thru.

A curiosity of obsolescence is that it just topped 8 billion of the critters.
(Maybe the Matrix and that mock-up of the human battery pack that Sinus just posted up is nearer than we think.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic