ChatGPT - Amazing new AI

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
DavidK99
Expatriate
Nepal

Re: ChatGPT - Amazing new AI

Post by DavidK99 »

"How Smart are the Robots Getting", excellent NYT article, but it may be blocked by their firewall. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/20/tech ... =share-url

It concludes:

"Certainly, these bots will change the world. But the onus is on you to be wary of what these systems say and do, to edit what they give you, to approach everything you see online with skepticism. Researchers know how to give these systems a wide range of skills, but they do not yet know how to give them reason or common sense or a sense of truth.

That still lies with you."
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:46 pm
For the less tech savvy among us the above is a way to embed an existing LLM.

I actually used the ChatGPT API to embed ChatGPT into a Google Sheet so I could generate student report comments.

The JavaScript to create the function "GPT(question you ask ChatGPT)"

/**
* GPT-3 and Google Sheets
* @param {string} prompt Prompt.
* @param {number} temperature (Optional) Temperature.
* @param {string} model (Optional) GPT-3 Model.
* @return Response returned by GPT-3.
* @customfunction
*/

const SECRET_KEY = "key for ChatGPT";
const MAX_TOKENS = 200;
const MODEL_NAME = "text-davinci-003"; // more structured and deterministic: for data
//const MODEL_NAME = "davinci"; // more flexible and creative: for stories, chatbots
const MODEL_TEMP = 0.7;

function GPT(prompt) {
const url = "https://api.openai.com/v1/completions";
const payload = {
model: MODEL_NAME,
prompt: prompt,
temperature: MODEL_TEMP,
max_tokens: MAX_TOKENS,
};
const options = {
contentType: "application/json",
headers: { Authorization: "Bearer " + SECRET_KEY },
payload: JSON.stringify(payload),
};
const res = JSON.parse(UrlFetchApp.fetch(url, options).getContentText());
return res.choices[0].text.trim();
}

The above wasn't even the tricky part lol
That was using a pre-made table of suitable comments and joining them together in a coherent way such that correct gender pronouns and possessive pronouns were used. I set all the comments to be missing gender pronouns at the start of sentences and then wrote a function that search for the string ". " (a period followed by a space). Then another that replaced "his" with "her" depending on a user selection.

There is another sheet where the correct pronouns etc are swapped in but not shown.

After discussing time spent per student the above system... 2 per hour, the above system can increase this to 5 or 6 per hour
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Can anyone tell me how to try out ChatGPT? I heard it would be embedded into Bing but then when I tried to use it I had to sign up for the waiting list?

Is there a website where you can just plug in your question that you want it to answer?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:17 pm Can anyone tell me how to try out ChatGPT? I heard it would be embedded into Bing but then when I tried to use it I had to sign up for the waiting list?

Is there a website where you can just plug in your question that you want it to answer?
Register first
https://chat.openai.com/auth/login
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Ghostwriter wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:44 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:17 pm Can anyone tell me how to try out ChatGPT? I heard it would be embedded into Bing but then when I tried to use it I had to sign up for the waiting list?

Register first
https://chat.openai.com/auth/login
All right, once you register are you able to use it then?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

i did once, but it seems busy now and then, didn't bother to try since.
There's an app too
orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by orussey98 »

does anyone know if ChatGPT has been connected to the internet? (as a source)
or someone succeed to do it ?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

orussey98 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:58 pm does anyone know if ChatGPT has been connected to the internet? (as a source)
or someone succeed to do it ?
As popular as it's become, ChatGPT is still only in a trial stage and so far has only been trained on a dataset until the end of 2021. While Bing also uses ChatGPT, it's implementation is not quite the same. If you're looking for more up-to-date, relevant results, it's much better, as it searches the internet before it replies. However, I've found it lacking in many areas that ChatGPT doesn't. As soon as it encounters something that confuses it, which happens often, Bing will politely tell you it's had enough of this conversation and doesn't want to talk about whatever you've been talking about anymore.

While there are many workarounds to get ChatGPT to do things it's not supposed to do, I'm not aware of anyone successfully getting it to use the internet as a source of it's data.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic