oh xmas tree oh xmas tree

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

oh xmas tree oh xmas tree

Post by Ozinasia »

probably a weird post but thought this gals service deserved a shout out .
well I have 12 year old and his mum living with me he said last week why we don't have Christmas, me not being a Christmas type fellow said well I don't really believe in Christmas but if you and your mum want Christmas well why not I am a jolly good fellow. So off I trundle to look for Christmas tree well holy mother of god have you seen what they want for a fake tree here ? :shock: :shock: :shock: lucky had the ugliest by far about 2ft tall looked like it had been made by a kindergarten school kid . Well not to be outdone headed to some nursery's in Chrouy Changvar again 2ft tall $60 found a real looking pine in one they wanted $80 Crikey surly I can do better .
Well mum got into her farcebook and found this lovely lady name of Kim An I believe well low and behold yes sir I have nice pine trees
6 ft $25.00 yes I can deliver to Phnom penh $5.00 Image ok its not a typical Aussie type Xmas pine but with all the trimming and lights will look terrific I think and its a live so can use it next year and the next till its too big to drag inside I guess . The well spoken Kim threw in a nice large ceramic jar and bag of proper dirt which the delivery guy transplanted for me one hour later Xmas tree in my living room .
So if any BM wants a Xmas tree give Kim a call 85287333 ideal for the house or restaurant etc and not a fake tree . Great job Kim
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: oh xmas tree oh xmas tree

Post by Kammekor »

Where do you live in Cambodia? It only survives when planted over a certain altitude. Nut sure how high but in Ratanakiri (+350 meters) it's too hot. In Phnom Penh it will be a single use tree for sure.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Good shout-out. I don't want one myself personally, but for anyone who does, that looks very cool.
Cheers :mulled:
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

Hope your wrong I kinda like it .... yes PP Chrouy Changvar she is growing them not far from here well it was here within a hour ... I need to ask her the name of it to me its just a pine tree :hattip:
she said just water every ten days over watering is what will kill it .
Kammekor wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:41 pm Where do you live in Cambodia? It only survives when planted over a certain altitude. Nut sure how high but in Ratanakiri (+350 meters) it's too hot. In Phnom Penh it will be a single use tree for sure.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I've seen these surviving for a few years potted. There are pine trees growing in Kirirom which is at a much lower elevation than the north east provinces.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

Nice
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Can we see it all lit up?
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

sure soon as I have a moment to go look for lights and tinsel and stuff I think IBC has some will head there this week
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Yeah the cost of the fake ones is a bit eye watering, but I got mine at PBC near Naga 2 about 10 years back & it is still up this year. I reckon it could be the last though as the plastic slots used for the branch holders are now wearing out fast & snapping; bit of a fixer-upper this time around. Pity they didn't make the part that has the most wear & tear out of metal like the rest of the frame of the tree - but then like Apple I guess they have to build in some obsolescence else a tree would last a lifetime.

Popped into PBC again just this weekend to check on Xmas decorations as I found it was the best place usually; again wasn't disappointed, always some good stuff there each year.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Ozinasia wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:02 am sure soon as I have a moment to go look for lights and tinsel and stuff I think IBC has some will head there this week
Lots of market stalls sell tinsel, they have it hanging up.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic