oh xmas tree oh xmas tree

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Re: oh xmas tree oh xmas tree

Post by Ozinasia »

Spigzy wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:37 am PBC ?? I dont that place ?
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

BTW Kim tells me yes grows in Phnom Penh no problem its called a araucaria tree she grows them from seedings . In Australia a Norfolk Pine
They prefer direct sun not good for long term inside.
https://plants.ces.ncsu.edu/plants/arau ... erophylla/ grows to 200 Ft :facepalm: well I will not still be around but yeah I thoroughly recommend this as a xmas tee rather then the tinsel fake ones, at $25.00 just plant it in the garden and get another next year the young boy here got a real kick out of it.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

Ozinasia wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:48 pm sorry didnt have my specs on :geek:
PBC ?? I dont know where that place is ? any url or location ?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Our local market has Xmas shit for sale now first time in the 7 years I've been here. I really had the feeling I'm living in a totally different culture from where I come from. I'm devastated I loved going to the market xmas day and it was just another normal day not a Xmas thing in sight, is this good or bad I can't find the words to explain my disappointment. :facepalm:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

having lived in Philippines for near on 30 years where Xmas starts in September :please: so year I can relate totally was in Bayon today and they are playing Christmas carols just don't feel right, I was looking at the Khmer staff and thinking I bet they have no idea what its all about. However the little lady and her son are from Philippines and they are BIG time into xmas who am I to begrudge them a bit of fun and enjoyment.
I love to see them happy and you should have seen the eyes light up when that tree arrived worth every penny :beer3:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Ozinasia wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:27 pm
Ozinasia wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:48 pm sorry didnt have my specs on :geek:
PBC ?? I dont know where that place is ? any url or location ?
I'm sure PBC is related to IBC. They have the same or similar color schemes and internal layout.

PBC is on Monivong not far from Psar O'russay. 435 Monivong Blvd, Street 93, 112258, Cambodia

https://www.google.com/maps/place/PBC+- ... 04.9197917
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

atst wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:00 pm Our local market has Xmas shit for sale now first time in the 7 years I've been here. I really had the feeling I'm living in a totally different culture from where I come from. I'm devastated I loved going to the market xmas day and it was just another normal day not a Xmas thing in sight, is this good or bad I can't find the words to explain my disappointment. :facepalm:
Me too , totally in denial , however christians spread this evil is mysterious ..
I think christmas should be celebrated to cold countries only
Here I am dressed in shorts and seeing all these snow flocked fake trees all lit up all over the place
🤦🏽siem reap is all F’d up
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

The PBC I mentioned is next to Naga 2; tends to have more Xmas stuff than the others I've checked each year, but could be wrong :)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/PBC+- ... 04.9350202
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

as requested good enough huh :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic