Cheap flights

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Cheap flights

Post by Kangaruchi »

:jerk: Just a heads up for anyone contemplating a lot of flights in the next year, & can tolerate budget airlines.
Air Asia has a deal going for members called Super+, there are 2 levels valid for 1 year.

Super+lite @ $199USD for travel within Asia

Super+Premium @ $599USD
which includes other overseas destinations.

Caveat Emptor read the terms and conditions, from a bit of a search using the mobile app it would appear you would need to be flexible on dates and be aware that it does not cover peak travel periods.
Without purchasing it I found that using Phnom Penh as the departure point it only gave me Malaysia and Thailand as destinations, if I went to either of those as the departure point then more international destinations appeared.

The email I got alerting me said the offer expires on 11 December, nothing on the website indicated the same.

FYI
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cheap flights

Post by Kammekor »

I looked into it. Free rides on selected dates, selected flights, and departure tax you still have to pay. Not sure about booking & payment fees. All other surcharges apply ( luggage, food, seat etc). Not sure about fuel surcharge.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

have read recently about Air aisa's deal;
seems more than a few signed up and when they tried to use it, even looking at flights months ahead, no seats available.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kangaruchi »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:49 pm I looked into it. Free rides on selected dates, selected flights, and departure tax you still have to pay. Not sure about booking & payment fees. All other surcharges apply ( luggage, food, seat etc). Not sure about fuel surcharge.
Where did you find the information on flights?

You are correct, only the seat fee is free.
Cheers
Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kangaruchi »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:00 am have read recently about Air aisa's deal;
seems more than a few signed up and when they tried to use it, even looking at flights months ahead, no seats available.
Any sources for the above?
I was contemplating it for next year as intend doing a few flights, fully aware that would have to be flexible on dates, but the above doesn't inspire me.
Cheers
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Kangaruchi wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:03 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:49 pm I looked into it. Free rides on selected dates, selected flights, and departure tax you still have to pay. Not sure about booking & payment fees. All other surcharges apply ( luggage, food, seat etc). Not sure about fuel surcharge.

Cheers
I checked available flights through the link they sent me. In January there's about 12 chances to go to Bangkok from Phnom Penh with this scheme. 11 are nearly fully booked already. Return is even worse. That tells me enough. February and March aren't much better.

I will post the link here later today.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

One more thing, when looking for flights to decide if it's an interesting offer you can only see the date, not the actual flight. But I guess it's mostly red-eye flights at he early or late hours. Like the 07.20 am flight to Phnom Penh from DMK.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:13 pm
Kangaruchi wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:03 pm

Cheers
I checked available flights through the link they sent me. In January there's about 12 chances to go to Bangkok from Phnom Penh with this scheme. 11 are nearly fully booked already. Return is even worse. That tells me enough. February and March aren't much better.

I will post the link here later today.
https://app.airasia.com/F4uy/4rjffjpo?a ... plink=true

It's my link, when some snatches it up it probably will be blocked.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Kangaruchi wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:09 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:00 am have read recently about Air aisa's deal;
I was contemplating it for next year as intend doing a few flights, fully aware that would have to be flexible on dates, but the above doesn't inspire me.
Cheers
Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kangaruchi »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:11 pm
Kangaruchi wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:09 pm
Cheers
Thx for that, while I am prepared to be flexible, that's beyond a joke.
Not going to take the risk based on the above.
Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic