Xmas travel madness from the uk

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Xmas travel madness from the uk

Post by Londonmail »

Hope no one has booked over the Xmas from the uk, the fuckers are going on strike.... also hoping its all cleared up by the 9th Jan...

Mention to my friend as he is leaving NYE... Hopefully!
:protest: :protest: :protest:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Xmas travel madness from the uk

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Pain in the arse when you've been paid for doing nothing for the last 3 years and then you are actually required to do some hard graft for a living. I hope pubs, restaurants and every other service they use refuse to serve them for the inconvenience they cause everyone else.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Londonmail wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:09 am Hope no one has booked over the Xmas from the uk, the fuckers are going on strike.... also hoping its all cleared up by the 9th Jan...

Mention to my friend as he is leaving NYE... Hopefully!
:protest: :protest: :protest:
You arent kidding... my only association with the uk at present time is that ive got a package hung up with the Royal Mail, and its taking forever to get over to Eastern Europe, although i guess i could afford to lose it. Sometimes they ship mail inside of airplanes, and keep in mind the postal employees are also striking.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Whose been paid to do nothing for 3 years ?
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Lots of people.... :P
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Well, is some are thinking about sneaking out of UK to France via eurotunnel, check it first because Christmas is a great strike spot in here too, train-wise....
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Yet another piece of evidence that the UK is going to shits. What's next, prison revolts?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I have lost count of the different groups striking or announcing imminent strikes.

Cost of living crisis, blackouts likely if the wind doesn't blow enough on the wind farms, inflation at 11%, Strep bug killing many kids (I am surprised this hasn't cause complete panic), no trains, ambulances, nurses, postmen or passport officials over Christmas. Apparently no turkeys either. What a mess.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:18 pm Strep bug killing many kids (I am surprised this hasn't cause complete panic)
Because it's common as muck Strep A and most people have no symptoms beyond a tickly throat

It's around 1 person of 700 cases who gets a severe infection. Severe Strep A sometimes called Scarlet Fever is serious - killing roughly 10%

While it's tragic that 12 kids or so are dead, it's always going to happen when there are 70 million people in the UK

I see some news sources attributing the higher (60% or so higher) than average scarlet fever toll to covid lockdowns reducing the natural herd immunity humans have to annual and seasonal ailments - Well, who could have thunk it?!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic