Swift outbound blocked by NBC

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Swift outbound blocked by NBC

Post by Spigzy »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:54 am
Spigzy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:53 am I am about to make a similar transfer, will let you know how it goes early next week.
Very interested to know what happens.
Sorry forgot to post a follow up, bizarrely my transfer was done later that day AND it cleared my brokerage account same day. No drama at all, just a $1k tester mind.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Spigzy wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:55 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:54 am
Spigzy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:53 am I am about to make a similar transfer, will let you know how it goes early next week.
Very interested to know what happens.
Sorry forgot to post a follow up, bizarrely my transfer was done later that day AND it cleared my brokerage account same day. No drama at all, just a $1k tester mind.
Good to know.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Thanks for the replies, I will try to do it with one of the other banks this week. I’m just surprised why my bank would make up this lie about the NBC blocking the transfer. Will follow up after I try to make the transfer again later.
just noise, white noise
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

When I tried to set up a swift payment to my WISE account via ABA, the SWIFT code provided by WISE was not recognised by ABA.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? The code is CMFGUS33
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:42 am When I tried to set up a swift payment to my WISE account via ABA, the SWIFT code provided by WISE was not recognised by ABA.

I think I read something awhile back about ABA discontinuing their allowance of using Wise.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Cooldude wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:22 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:42 am When I tried to set up a swift payment to my WISE account via ABA, the SWIFT code provided by WISE was not recognised by ABA.

I think I read something awhile back about ABA discontinuing their allowance of using Wise.
There have been big problems with this route of sending money from the UK to here.

I sent myself $1000 from WISE to ABA this week, as a test transfer, since they bounced two transfers earlier this year. It came through without a problem.

It was a problem with their use of JP Morgan to send the SWIFT payments who used the name WISE as both the sender and the sender's bank. This is not allowed by ABA. This appears to have been fixed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic