singapore airlines flights to Cambodia question

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: singapore airlines flights to Cambodia question

Post by Bongmab69 »

I just checked on the website from JETSTAR, its pretty well explained overthere. And i was wrong also about Singapore, the flight i might take is with Qatar, and they have codeshares, and they transfare the luggage says their websit. Knever thaught about looking for the codeshares, good tip, thank you !!
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Please be aware that we don’t transfer your baggage between flights. However, there are some exceptions:

Connecting international Jetstar flights and flights with our partner airlines (see list below), where both international flights were purchased on the same booking
Domestic flights in Japan connecting to international flights operated by American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Japan Airlines and Qantas, where both flights were purchased on the same booking
If you're transferring between domestic flights or between international and domestic flights, in most cases you’ll need to collect your baggage, check in again and transfer your bags.

Our check-in staff will let you know if your baggage will be transferred. You may still need to check in at the connecting airport to obtain your next boarding pass before check-in closes.

Remember, it’s your responsibility to make your connecting flight on time.

Jetstar partner airlines
American Airlines (AA)
Air Calin (SB)
Air Canada (AC)
Air France (AF)
Air India (AI)
Air Niugini (PX)
Air Pacific (FJ)
Air Tahiti Nui (TN)
Air Vanuatu (NF)
British Airways (BA)
Cathay Pacific (CX)
China Eastern (MU)
China Southern (CZ)
Dragon Air (KA)
Delta Air Lines (DL)
EL AL (LY)
Emirates (EK)
Ethiopian Airlines (ET)
Etihad (EY)
Finnair (AY)
Japan Airlines (JL)
Jet Airways (9W)
KLM (KL)
LAN Argentina (4M)
LAN Chile (LA)
LAN Ecuador (XL)
LAN Peru (LP)
LAO Airlines (QV)
Lufthansa (LH)
Malaysian Airlines (MH)
Qantas (QF)
Qatar Airways (QR)
Royal Jordanian (RJ)
Shanghai Airlines (FM)
SriLankan (UL)
Swiss (LX)
TAM (JJ)
Turkish Airlines (TK)
United (UA)
Vietnam Airlines (VN)
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Available seats on most SEA destinations are down, demand is up combined with high fuel prices..what would you expect other than rising prices? Many Airlines are struggling to expand available seats due to lack of critical staff. It also takes months to bring a long-time parked aircraft into service again.

There are still some bargains around but with very limited available seats as most airlines fill the planes with regular fares and therefore cashing-in the actual situation. I would not be surprised if some airlines are back to top profits in the next years.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Prices for tickets with short connection time after Covid are almost double, not so many availability as before.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kangaruchi »

Don't even consider Jetstar, better known as JetCrap, the one and only time I flew them the leg from PNH to SIN it felt like being stuffed in a sardine can while seated on wooden seats.
Also of late they have been gaining a reputation for late or cancelled flights, should be able to find details on one of the airline monitoring sites.
I would also be very surprised if you didn't have to rebook in for JetCrap connections, they basically do as little as possible.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Matty9999 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:32 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:41 am I usually take Singapore Airlines JFK-SIN-PP. I been watching the prices for summer and recently the cost rose dramatically. I was curious if anyone has taken Singapore Airlines recently. Any thoughts on the price jump?

About a month ago I saw RT for about 1,050. WHen looking currently it has basically doubled.

There are other options like China Airlines but was curious if anyone knew the reason for price jump w/ Singapore Airlines.

Obv I have time but ...
You may want to try to combine trips with different airlines, might be a lot cheaper, I took EVA Air once. Loved it, you were here before right?

I just searched and lowest one way fare i see is $592, thats only one way, with combined airlines for Janaury.
If you mean booking diff parts of the trip w/ different airlines no way. If that means waiting for luggage for the first leg then going to a different airline? I never did that but unsure if that is what you mean. It sounds like too much drama but if its cheaper then unsure

or you mean buy 2 separate 1 way tickets? ?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Newinkow wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:19 pm
Newinkow wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:00 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:41 am I usually take Singapore Airlines JFK-SIN-PP. I been watching the prices for summer and recently the cost rose dramatically. I was curious if anyone has taken Singapore Airlines recently. Any thoughts on the price jump?

About a month ago I saw RT for about 1,050. WHen looking currently it has basically doubled.

There are other options like China Airlines but was curious if anyone knew the reason for price jump w/ Singapore Airlines.

Obv I have time but ...
Hi BB,

I don't know the dates you are planning to fly but I played around on the EVA Air APP and found I return flight from JFK to PP via Taipei for $1121 USD. The dates are Feb 24 to Mar 20.

EVA Air is Taiwan's National Airline and Taipei is their home base. They have preferential treatment for flight times and connections. I think the duration for the flight from JFK to PP is about 20 hours. Also the bonus is that out of JFK it's usually a redeye flight and you get into PP around 11:30 next day. No real jetlag issues because I sleep during the redeye flight.

The secret to booking with EVA Air on their APP is to check regularly for the dates you are planning to fly. I fly with them all the time. Actually, it's the only airline I use now from Vancouver to PP. I notice that the prices start to come down around 2 to 3 months before your departure date. Then they jump back up around 1 to 1.5 months before departure.

I would suggest that you download the EVA Air APP and play around for the dates you are planning to fly. If you are within the window of 2 to 3 months before departure, you might find yourself a cheap flight.

Hope that helps or at least give you another option. Good luck and safe travels.
Sorry. I should of read your post closely. You are looking to fly this summer.

Quick check on EVA for Jun 26 to Jul 17. The price for return was $1496 USD. Be careful when booking the JFK to PP portion of the flight. There is a cheaper option but that involves a stopover in Vancouver and a change in airline to an EVA flight out of Vancouver.

I would seriously start checking on prices with EVA around 3 months before your schedule departure date.
Thanks for the info. I will keep checking Eva and Singapore but at the moment-- China Airlines is cheapest and it also says it transits in Taipei. I also tried saying i am flexible w/ the exact dates. thanks again
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Kangaruchi wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:19 pm Don't even consider Jetstar, better known as JetCrap, the one and only time I flew them the leg from PNH to SIN it felt like being stuffed in a sardine can while seated on wooden seats.
Also of late they have been gaining a reputation for late or cancelled flights, should be able to find details on one of the airline monitoring sites.
I would also be very surprised if you didn't have to rebook in for JetCrap connections, they basically do as little as possible.
Their last 7 flights from PNH to SIN have all arrived early.
You said yourself "the one and only time I flew them" but you consider that's enough to say "don't even consider Jetstar"
That's like someone taking one particular misinformed comment of yours on this forum and categorising you as a pathological liar who should never be trusted under any circumstances
Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kangaruchi »

To Bluenose, it's not just my opinion it has been stated by many others as well.
As for flight reliability I was quoting from a report I read recently which had data from one of the airline monitoring sites, as I said you can do a search.
By all means fly them and have the pleasure of the experience
Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kangaruchi »

Further to my prior posts, some reviews
One Mile at a Time "180 seats with 29" pitch on an A320, that's tight "
Trust Pilot, 563 reviews overall rating 1.5 star
Skytrack reviews gave it 4 out of 10.
Note I did not participate in any of the above reviews
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic