Shops, ripoff labeling and pricing

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Shops, ripoff labeling and pricing

Post by Doc67 »

Stravaiger wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:11 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:37 am I have a shopping receipt from Lucky's which includes a single item for "Garden Centre Cafe N" with a bar code number and a single item price of 15,600KHR.

I have no idea what it is for, I checked my shopping twice at home and there is no item there with that price tag or bar code. It just appeared on the receipt an I didn't check the bill at the time because I couldn't be bothered.

I knew there was no hope of going back and getting it refunded, but next time I go in I will check what that bar code was for and see what I was gouged for.
It would be this perhaps:

On that subject I stopped buying it a couple of months ago as the quality deteriorated drastically. A pity because it was formerly a very good thick Greek-style product.
You are spot on. That bar code matches the old tub in the fridge, but the new one is nowhere to be found. I remember putting one in the trolley, and it must of been put on the belt, but it never got into the bags. They may have held in back, to put heavy stuff in first and it stayed on the side. Maybe I didn't notice. My fault!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic