Free English ESL Lessons for ALL Cambodians if you just...

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Free English ESL Lessons for ALL Cambodians if you just...

Post by General Mackevili »

..accept Jesus Christ to be your Lord and savior!

Do we have a deal? :twisted:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Free English ESL Lessons for ALL Cambodians if you just.

Post by Anchor Moy »

i'm sure i've seen these guys in PP near Kandal Market - but it's difficult to be sure since they all look alike.
(Mormon, Latter Day Saints, evangelist yadayada - same haircut,carrying bibles and blabla.)

I took their photo, so I'll check. :evil:
They were going door-to-door on Chinese NY and for some reason that pissed me off more than usual.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

How do you reckon one of those big black badges would go with my vest?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Such a really successful mean to attract more rural student to believe in Jesus Christ. Some of them couldn't afford to study with native speaker, so it is such a good chance to get a standard English lesson. I should have studied with them. :)
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

I met one of these guys in a print shop a couple of months ago. He helped me out by explaining what I needed to the Khmer shop assistant. His Khmer seemed very impressive. Learnt In 2 years...
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

juansweetpotato wrote:I met one of these guys in a print shop a couple of months ago. He helped me out by explaining what I needed to the Khmer shop assistant. His Khmer seemed very impressive. Learnt In 2 years...
I talked to some of them as they speak khmer so well. I was impressed. They actually learned khmer 2 years ahead before they came to Cambodia. Some of them also speak Vietnamese. I am current living close to one of Vietnamese community in PP. I saw them almost everyday walking from door to door. They talked to them in Vietnamese and also explained the bible in Vietnamese too.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Samouth wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:I met one of these guys in a print shop a couple of months ago. He helped me out by explaining what I needed to the Khmer shop assistant. His Khmer seemed very impressive. Learnt In 2 years...
I talked to some of them as they speak khmer so well. I was impressed. They actually learned khmer 2 years ahead before they came to Cambodia. Some of them also speak Vietnamese. I am current living close to one of Vietnamese community in PP. I saw them almost everyday walking from door to door. They talked to them in Vietnamese and also explained the bible in Vietnamese too.
Seriously Samouth, what do Cambodians think of these door-knockers ? I am always polite(mostly), but once they start telling me that my soul needs saving I tell them to f'k off. (As politely as possible.)
I saw these guys (or others like them) annoying the shit out of my neighbour on Chinese NY, and he was very cool as they took out their bibles and blabla. My neighbour was so nice with them that I was amazed. He had chinese shit in front of his house for NY so it seemed obvious that he wasn't a christian.
What do Cambodians (of buddhist or chinese culture - not necessarily believers) think about this door-knocking to convert people?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

juansweetpotato wrote:I met one of these guys in a print shop a couple of months ago.
I was wondering why your English had improved lately. :beer1:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Mmm...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Nothing is free in the world.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic