The Twitter Files

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: The Twitter Files

Post by ItWasntMe »

It was basically a long boring thread saying politicians had a lot of say in who could tweet what. With the Democrats having more access to this type of censoring due to company culture.

Another note was that blocking the content due to policies about hacked data was a false label since there was no hack, rather Hunter Biden had been clumsy when handing over unencrypted data to a repair shop.

Not too interesting but basically, Twitter was not neutral, they sided with the left. Apparently not limited to this topic or even to the US. Elon mentioned similar things going on with the Brazil election. Essentially favoring the left when moderating content.

I don't have a horse in this race, the above is what I gathered from scrolling through the thread.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

ItWasntMe wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:15 am It was basically a long boring thread saying politicians had a lot of say in who could tweet what. With the Democrats having more access to this type of censoring due to company culture.

Another note was that blocking the content due to policies about hacked data was a false label since there was no hack, rather Hunter Biden had been clumsy when handing over unencrypted data to a repair shop.

Not too interesting but basically, Twitter was not neutral, they sided with the left. Apparently not limited to this topic or even to the US. Elon mentioned similar things going on with the Brazil election. Essentially favoring the left when moderating content.

I don't have a horse in this race, the above is what I gathered from scrolling through the thread.
Thanks for the plain English, no-bullshit answer.

So essentially it's still about whether or not twitter was right to delete naked pics of Hunter Biden then? I'd say of course they were. Fuck left or right politics, Hunter wasn't running for office and even if his laptop wasn't hacked it's a pretty low move taking pics off it and putting them out there. I'd say the same if someone decided to publish naked pics of Baron or Tiffany Trump to get at Donald. It still sounds like a load of nothing to me.

Seems to me that before the owners of twitter were left-leaning, now they're right-leaning - either way you're going to get accusations of bias. twitter should probably just ban all politicians - let them do what they did before - go on TV and say what they have to say with the cameras rolling, and any creative editing by one network will soon get called out by all the other news networks.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Random Dude wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:00 am
ItWasntMe wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:15 am It was basically a long boring thread saying politicians had a lot of say in who could tweet what. With the Democrats having more access to this type of censoring due to company culture.

Thanks for the plain English, no-bullshit answer.

So essentially it's still about whether or not twitter was right to delete naked pics of Hunter Biden then? I'd say of course they were. Fuck left or right politics, Hunter wasn't running for office and even if his laptop wasn't hacked it's a pretty low move taking pics off it and putting them out there. I'd say the same if someone decided to publish naked pics of Baron or Tiffany Trump to get at Donald. It still sounds like a load of nothing to me.

Seems to me that before the owners of twitter were left-leaning, now they're right-leaning - either way you're going to get accusations of bias. twitter should probably just ban all politicians - let them do what they did before - go on TV and say what they have to say with the cameras rolling, and any creative editing by one network will soon get called out by all the other news networks.
ImageImage
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

whats the big deal? so hunter took advantage of his dads position
Any different from what trumps son (s) , daughter and son in law did/do??

just cause someone has a famous, important dad does not mean they dont have a life too....

Papers, online hacks /bloggers often censor out bad press or exaggerate it for their own reasons,
thats why these big guys have pr managers
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Anyone who relies on Twitter, or any other social media platform for that matter, to make their decisions on how to vote in an election, they aren’t paying attention to the issues.

The RINO’s, as the MAGA movement refers to certain individuals within the GOP who aren’t as radical as they are, are the true Republican Party members and they need to get back to that.

This is nothing more than clickbait, everyone knew a long time ago that Twitter censored this issue and why.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

its QAnon / conspiracy theory right??

Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

I’m not claiming it’s a QAnon or conspiracy theory. I just don’t give a shit. It all may be true, some of it may be true, none of it may be true. If laws were broken, meaning by any of the Biden’s, then they should pay the price. But to base the outcome of an election based on what Twitter did or did not allow to be posted is just ridiculous.

And where’s the proof all these MAGA individuals claimed they have?
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

This is only the tip of the iceberg of proof that will be exposed. The impeachment of "Quid Pro Joe" will be immenent.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Nah. Justice Department has a laser focus on Trump. Keep investigating and open more investigations until there is something to charge him with.

The law (and supposed social norms) are so convoluted that we are all guilty of some sort of infringement.

Even refusing to be investigated for no crime is a crime.

If Trump, a billionaire, can’t protect himself, what chance does the ordinary person have against the Justice Department?

Someone in the department might not like you and decides to charge you with pedophilia. You refuse the investigation of such nonsense. You go to prison for obstruction. Hypothetically, of course.

My opinions, of course.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Not your opinions. These are the standard MAGA/ QAnon lines. It's amazing how little self-awareness you have to have and how many mental hoops you have jumped through to actually convince yourself that this is your opinion.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic