Province life vs City life, What works for you?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Province life vs City life, What works for you?

Post by Grand Barong »

Nice set up you have there atst, Was it all like that when you moved in or have you done some improvements?
either way looks very liveable & close enough to PP for necessities/medical etc.. :thumb:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:45 pm Thanks, Yep on about an acre, not my place my girlfriends place her mother left her when she passed away.
Another view every afternoon from my man cave out back.
Looks really nice, and shows if you build smart you don't need aircon perse.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Grand Barong wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:51 am Nice set up you have there atst, Was it all like that when you moved in or have you done some improvements?
either way looks very liveable & close enough to PP for necessities/medical etc.. :thumb:
Basically the same old traditional home just concreted under, made a few paths, my little house out the back, and of course a water tank and hot shower
View from main house I wake up to

The main house

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Looks damned quiet around there. How far away is your nearest neighbour, a.k.a., noise source. Anyway, two thumbs up, atst.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:16 am Looks damned quiet around there. How far away is your nearest neighbour, a.k.a., noise source. Anyway, two thumbs up, atst.
Only rice paddies to the front and back one house next door 20 meters and on the other side house 50meters, local market Prey Veng banks etc 8klm, noise from monk's 2klm away in three directions plus weddings and funerals. Most noise is from our fncken roosters and dogs the girlie likes.
I make heaps more noise than the neighbors.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

we have a house like that ( but metal sides and roof and big old wooden pillars,10 kms outside Svay Rieng< on apx 400 sq m plus a 5,000 sq m rice field nearby
one big room upstairs, downstairs has kitchen, bathroom and 1 bedroom
after 2 days i go stir crazy
Its for SALE!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic