Etching and Concrete sealing products?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SwimmingPoolPete
Tourist
United States of America

Etching and Concrete sealing products?

Post by SwimmingPoolPete »

Hi everyone,

I'm interested if anyone knows what good concrete etching and sealing products are available here in Cambodia, perhaps acid washing stuff too. Would the stores like Jotun or TOA have anything like that? I

My Khmer isn't good enough to explain what I want to the sellers here and most just tell me to paint it and it's "finish", but the water leaks from the shower floor into the adjacent bedroom so, I want to fix this obviously.

Thank you to anyone in advance who can recommend me to the right stuff.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Etching and Concrete sealing products?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

SwimmingPoolPete wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:56 pm Hi everyone,

I'm interested if anyone knows what good concrete etching and sealing products are available here in Cambodia, perhaps acid washing stuff too. Would the stores like Jotun or TOA have anything like that? I

My Khmer isn't good enough to explain what I want to the sellers here and most just tell me to paint it and it's "finish", but the water leaks from the shower floor into the adjacent bedroom so, I want to fix this obviously.

Thank you to anyone in advance who can recommend me to the right stuff.
There's an Englishman named Andrew who has a company that specializes in concrete waterproof finishes iirc

He's PP based. Used have the business card but sadly I have fucked it away somewhere
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Etching and Concrete sealing products?

Post by willyhilly »

I used to deal with Rockcrete and one other. Rockcrete are still around.They have membranes and epoxies for waterproofing.
23884327 26-28 St 271 Teak Thla.
The Khmer Builder at 94D St 432 Toul Tamping has Sika products 87800835.
There are several others too.I think Rockcrete had the nice chap who spoke really good English.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic