Netherlands to close up to 3,000 farms to comply with EU rules

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Netherlands to close up to 3,000 farms to comply with EU rules

Post by Kammekor »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:50 pm You are so consistently wrong on so many different subjects I long ago promised myself I wouldn’t get drawn into your delusions.... I’ve got to get back and fulfill that promise to myself .... ciao
Mr Righteousness, within this thread you've been wrong yourself twice. Carbon & paywall.

But I do respect people keeping promises.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:42 pm
atst wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:27 pm You gotta subscribe to read the article,
Nope ...click on the link I provided
I did

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:21 pm
This is a story of a Dutch farmer with only 120 cows but hey, stick to your belief it’s all about mega pig farms. The goal is a 50% reduction in meat producing country wide .... I’m sure Gates investments in bug production as a food product and endorsement from Klaus Schwab is just a coincidence. Canadian farmers are also under attack and as far as I can tell US government policy is also becoming more and more anti farmer.

Not all of us are unable to keep an eye on more than one ball in the air at a time.
It's not just my belief, it's in the 'Remkes report' published the 5th of October.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/business ... polluters/
An independent expert appointed to mediate in the bitter dispute between the Dutch government and the nation's farmers over plans to drastically slash emissions of nitrogen and ammonia presented a report Wednesday that included a suggestion that the government buy out hundreds of the heaviest polluters.
He said by targeting the biggest farms only 1% of the farming community would be directly affected.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

A trick for everyone running into a paywall.

Run the URL through archive.today and most times it will bypass the paywall. ImageImage

Dairy Farmers in the Netherlands Are Up in Arms Over Emission Cuts

https://archive.ph/p3JqN

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

There's a similar conflict occurring in New Zealand where the gov't pledged to clean up the rivers and that means shutting or heavily restricting certain farms. Fertilisers and manure wash into rivers and promote algae growth, which then uses up all the oxygen in the water so nothing else can live there and it's even dangerous for humans to swim in the water.

No pay wall at the Guardian;

'Under serious threat': New Zealand vows to clean up its polluted waterways

Two-thirds of country’s rivers are unswimmable with cow effluent and fertiliser run-off big contributing factors
New Zealander has announced a plan to clean up the country’s freshwater lakes and rivers.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -waterways
Scarier than malaria.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

This could have all been avoided if farmers used The Guardian to wipe their cows' arses as the good lord intended!
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

ali baba wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:18 am There's a similar conflict occurring in New Zealand where the gov't pledged to clean up the rivers and that means shutting or heavily restricting certain farms. Fertilisers and manure wash into rivers and promote algae growth, which then uses up all the oxygen in the water so nothing else can live there and it's even dangerous for humans to swim in the water.

No pay wall at the Guardian;

'Under serious threat': New Zealand vows to clean up its polluted waterways

Two-thirds of country’s rivers are unswimmable with cow effluent and fertiliser run-off big contributing factors
New Zealander has announced a plan to clean up the country’s freshwater lakes and rivers.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -waterways
Yep, toxic algae has become a real problem, to the point where local councils will sometimes issue warnings not to walk your dog near the river because the algae can kill it.

It's not just NZ though, the Australian Great Barrier reef is being seriously harmed by agricultural runoff, among other things.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Scarier than malaria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic